Thread: First Restricted purchase, what do I do next?

CGN Regular

First Restricted purchase, what do I do next?

Hi there, I've just purchased my first restricted firearm today (nz85B). This is my first restricted firearm after owning the license for 4 years lol. Anyways, Ive tried looking through the forums but cant seem to find my answer. What are the processes I need to go through to obtain my firearm. If it helps I just got in at Abbotsford gun club.
    I do believe I need a short term and long term ATT, but I have no idea about how to obtain them. Also, does the firearm ship directly to my house? There should really be a sticky for this topic!

Congrats, if you bought the firearm from a dealer they will take care of the paperwork with the CFO initially. Get the file number from the dealer and call the CFO with that number. Email the CFO a copy of your range membership so the transfer can be approved, once they have your range membership and the transfer is approved you will receive the transfer in the mail, the seller will get permission to ship to you and your gun will be delivered. You must then wait until your registration arrives, usually a week or so later.you will receive a new pal card in the mail with your conditions on the new card. You are then good to go
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Step 1 get restricted licence
    Step 2 buy restricted weapon
    Step 3 c9ntact for ATT permission (implied for pick up from post office or store
    Step 4 ertif8cate with pistol is temporary ATT
    Step 5 recieve new PAL with upgraded conditions and certificate in mail from govt.
    Step 6 place certificate 8n box with restricted gun and always transport with or go to jail longer than most real criminals

Was looking at the NZ85 looks like a nice pistol, I have a shadow 1 CZ now which is the only reason I did not buy one of these. Still the style looks great. I like to see one of these in 7 62x25 to help use up the ammo I have for my one tt33 which will e far shot out before I use it all up.
    Last edited by philhut; 03-23-2017 at 06:04 PM.