Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 68910111213141516171819202122232426 ... LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

Sent it today

..double tap
    Last edited by raks; 03-29-2017 at 05:32 PM. Reason: whoopsie
    Join the CSSA today: cdnshootingsports.org/

Quote Originally Posted by David1974 View Post
    Table top milling machines can be had for under $200
    Can a table top milling machine produce the marks as described in the legislation? Who runs it and what do they get paid? How many guns can they do in a day? How long until the $200 POS wears out or damages a firearm that is being worked on?

If it was this simple, Wolverine CSSA and many others would not be worried about it.
    Join the CSSA today: cdnshootingsports.org/

Quote Originally Posted by raks View Post
    Can a table top milling machine produce the marks as described in the legislation? Who runs it and what do they get paid? How many guns can they do in a day? How long until the $200 POS wears out or damages a firearm that is being worked on?

If it was this simple, Wolverine CSSA and many others would not be worried about it.
    Correct, it is not the time that the engraving takes or even the $100,000.00 cost of the engraver, it is the logistics, the time it take to unpackage a gun, oil it and repackage it after engraving, ensuring it goes back in the correct box and does not receive any dents or handling marks on it. Occasionally we find really picky customers who expect a new gun to look like a new gun! All this for what purpose, when all new guns today already have a unique identifier, the serial number.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by David1974 View Post
    Table top milling machines can be had for under $200
    I'm in the market for a cheap milling machine. I've never seen anything as little expensive as 200$. Care to point me in the right direction?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So will the manufacturers be able to set this up for firearms coming to Canada and implement it into their production line? The Russians put the laser Molotov export marks on all the surplus they push out the door now.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    So will the manufacturers be able to set this up for firearms coming to Canada and implement it into their production line? The Russians put the laser Molotov export marks on all the surplus they push out the door now.
    Its a hotly debated open question if import markings applied prior to import will be acceptable.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

I guess I'll make sure my credit card is empty to buy all the German guns I've wanted before the due date.
    I'd say ya we should all write the pm but looks like the liberals as a whole think guns are bad and the source of all crime even with the crap we go through already just to get to the range. And they are just concentrating on legal weed and finding ways of fitting the words "middle class " in every speech.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmitty941 View Post
    I guess I'll make sure my credit card is empty to buy all the German guns I've wanted before the due date.
    I'd say ya we should all write the pm but looks like the liberals as a whole think guns are bad and the source of all crime even with the crap we go through already just to get to the range. And they are just concentrating on legal weed and finding ways of fitting the words "middle class " in every speech.
    Yea, middle class, just another way all the rich liberals can look their noses down on us. Well maybe there is a way to force the cost onto the government, make them set up the etching machine and hire people to do it if they think it is that necessary!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

I got a response to my email today.

On behalf of the Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your correspondence.

Please be assured that your comments have been carefully reviewed. In your correspondence, you raise an issue that falls within the portfolio of the Honourable Ralph Goodale, Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness. I have therefore taken the liberty of forwarding your email to Minister Goodale for his information and consideration.

Thank you for taking the time to write.