Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 791011121314151617181920212223242527 ... LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

That would actually be a good job making idea for the "middle class". Hell I already have a full time job but I'd work there part time get paid to handle guns all day �� Got to see the positive

Anyone has an idea what would be the potential impact on the ammunition and surplus ammo? Or the UN marking has no impact on that?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Hey .303
    You mentioned in bfiles apc thread that the serial number on the apc is not the UN marking.

-does it not meet the criteria in some way?
    -has it been established that the manufacturers cannot add.the mark before import?

Thanks!
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    From my post there:

This is not a UN marking in any way shape or form. Please do not let it be confused for one.
    If you are referring to the serial number, that is how B&T serialize there firearms, if you are talking about the Wolverine Claw, that was a very nice touch done by our friends at B&T for us. B&T have always started their serial number with their country code designation and the last two digits of the year, this is their standard practice and was in place before the UN marking regulations came into effect. It remains to be seen if this would be accepted as a UN marking as it has been applied before importing and the UN marking must be applied with in 60 days after leaving CBSA.
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

It's gonna be interesting.

Assuming that mark meets the the requirements set out in section 4 then I have assumed that the "shall ensure" in section 2 means the importer must ensure it is present and is not required to mark it if is present and meets the requirements...

What a gong show... lol...
    I feel for the businesses trying to figure this out...
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

will do

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    U.N. FIREARMS MARKING REGULATIONS

From our friends at CSSA
    The time is 11:59 p.m.
    We are roaring up to the deadline. On June 1, 2017, the United Nations' Firearms Marking Regulations will be implemented, and Canada's gun industry will take the punch right in the head.

Oddly enough, the House of Commons is strangely silent on this.

We implore you to write to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and firmly request that this foolish exercise be halted immediately, before extensive damage is done to a licensed, legitimate industry.

U.N. Marking is expensive, time consuming, potentially dangerous and worse, TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

The United Nations requested we have a system of tracing firearms. The Chrétien government chose to add ridiculous post-manufacturing markings on all imported firearms.

Be forewarned – the cost of a firearm may rise dramatically and businesses may close.

• For 12 years, the CSSA and the CSAAA have stood virtually alone in opposing the implementation of this regulation.

• We have repeatedly warned our members about this issue.

• We have even been accused of exaggerating the case to raise funds. So let's be clear: the CSSA has never ONCE asked its members for money to support this issue. We have, however, asked for a call to action.

Once again – one last time – we need your assistance to deter the Government of Canada from implementing this damaging and useless regulation.

Please write to the Prime Minister and ask him to stop this implementation. Tell him the CSSA has a constructive alternative that will not cost Canadian jobs and buckets of money – money that will ultimately come out of your pocket. Don't hesitate. Do it now – it's even free!

Thank you!
    Team CSSA
    Contact information:
    The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
    Prime Minister of Canada
    Office of the Prime Minister
    80 Wellington Street
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0A2
    Telephone: 613- 995-0253
    Fax: 613-941-6900
    Email: justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca

CGN Regular
    I just noticed something in the proposed regs...there is an exception for "a specially imported firearm". Does anyone know what would fall into that category? Would stuff brought in via irunguns count, for example?

Isn't that why guns have SN numbers to be traced ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cbf123 View Post
    I just noticed something in the proposed regs...there is an exception for "a specially imported firearm". Does anyone know what would fall into that category? Would stuff brought in via irunguns count, for example?
    Doesn't look that way because the specially imported is defined as temporary

specially imported firearm means a firearm imported on a temporary basis by a business that holds a firearms licence, as a good under tariff item No. 9993.00.00 of the List of Tariff Provisions set out in the schedule to theCustoms Tariff. (arme à feu d’importation spéciale

email sent... Hope we can make a change...!