Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

I am totally against this whole engraving thing, and not sure if this has been posted before but looking in my drawer last night I saw a sweet $99 pistol from Canada ammo from the great year of 2008, with CN CA 08 marked on the slide. Maybe CanAm can shed some light on how/when/why these were marked back in 08 that might give Wolverine some answers to their questions. Also it being marked on the slide what if someone were to take a grinder to this, would this be the same penalty as grinding off a serial number? For the new Sig's are they going to be marked on the slide, same with glocks? Could someone order a new slide from the US and it not have a marking?
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”

Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    I am totally against this whole engraving thing, and not sure if this has been posted before but looking in my drawer last night I saw a sweet $99 pistol from Canada ammo from the great year of 2008, with CN CA 08 marked on the slide. Maybe CanAm can shed some light on how/when/why these were marked back in 08 that might give Wolverine some answers to their questions. Also it being marked on the slide what if someone were to take a grinder to this, would this be the same penalty as grinding off a serial number? For the new Sig's are they going to be marked on the slide, same with glocks? Could someone order a new slide from the US and it not have a marking?
    Which pistol? if it made from China or other country had already join this UN marking agreement it probably will have this UN marking from manufacturer.

The worst result is we will have it after 1st June, my question is if there is a possible to remove this agreement after next election (if Max win)?

Dont just send one letter. Go to staples and make 100 copies of your letter, buy 100 envelopes and 100 stamps. Flood this morons mail with this issue! I'm going to be doing this on the weekend.
    Buy Bitcoin!

Quote Originally Posted by AtomLew View Post
    Which pistol? if it made from China or other country had already join this UN marking agreement it probably will have this UN marking from manufacturer.

The worst result is we will have it after 1st June, my question is if there is a possible to remove this agreement after next election (if Max win)?

Yup was China.
    “I remember watching Bambi for the first time when I was little and my favourite part was when they killed Bambi's mother because I knew somewhere the hunter’s family was eating good that night never understood why they made him out to be the bad guy”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by shoota View Post
    Yup was China.
    Yep my DA 1911's have it, CA 14, not lasered though, just that cheap dot matrix looking markings!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer notsorichguy's Avatar
    So.....

I just received an email, from a Canadian Firearms org.

Stating that there will be an announcement tomorrow from Parliament hill.

The UN Firearms treaty adoption will be pushed back 18 months.

To all those who called, wrote or generally harassed their MP or the Libs in general;

I say a heartfelt "Thanks!"
    AKA: M14medic.ca

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    Yes!!!!!

Great news

BANNED
    Awesome!!!

...now to kill it forever!!!

Waaaaaaaa was looking forward for a COOL UN markings
    member CCFR