$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 414161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 261

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

  1. #231
    CGN Regular Dick Proenneke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    689
    Im gonna make a cynical guess, that this postponement has nothing to do with civilian firearms, and everything to do with military firearms/weapons (i.e. LAVIII to Saudi Arabia) that are being exported for sale. The manufactures are either not set-up, or not able to, or for political reasons, don't want to, adhere with sections of the act, prior to completing deals that are in progress. I have no facts to back up this assertion.

  2. #232
    CGN Regular captainamazing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Far enough away from Trudeau, too close to Notley
    Posts
    325
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Proenneke View Post
    Im gonna make a cynical guess, that this postponement has nothing to do with civilian firearms, and everything to do with military firearms/weapons (i.e. LAVIII to Saudi Arabia) that are being exported for sale. The manufactures are either not set-up, or not able to, or for political reasons, don't want to, adhere with sections of the act, prior to completing deals that are in progress. I have no facts to back up this assertion.
    well how bout that... a theory that isn't stupid.

    Now for my my addition: The military industrial complex wont have their business interfered with. They create problems by selling arms to governments in conflict regions then sell us solutions buy supplying our armed forces. The UN isn't going to stop that age old business strategy. The UN hasn't been able to stop Africans and Arabs from killing each other by the millions for the decades they have been around because the UN is a declawed and neutered house cat trying to govern a den of pissed off lions.
    "Never trust quotes you read on the internet"
    - Abraham Lincoln

  3. #233
    Newbie Steve_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Proenneke View Post
    Im gonna make a cynical guess, that this postponement has nothing to do with civilian firearms, and everything to do with military firearms/weapons (i.e. LAVIII to Saudi Arabia) that are being exported for sale.
    So we're delaying marking our imports because of... our exports?

  4. #234
    CGN Regular Parts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Halton, Ontario
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    So we're delaying marking our imports because of... our exports?

    yes... it would have to be marked at the country it enters.
    KCCO

  5. #235
    Newbie Steve_B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by Parts View Post
    yes... it would have to be marked at the country it enters.
    Well they'd have to be marked at time of manufacture but I don't think that's a serious impediment for guys routinely engraving Canadian Forces.

  6. #236
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Quebec city
    Posts
    666
    It's delayed because nobody has any idea how to actually enfore that clusterf*ck of a regulation. The CBSA can't because of the 60 days delay, the RCMP doesn't want to because imports are regulated by CBSA and the serial number is good enough for them, and that import marking is totally useless unless the firearm is exported anyway in a 3rd world country anyway.

    Nobody should be surprised when an ill-tought, unenforceable and useless regulation isn't applied.

    Make this an export marking and then it might actually come to life. At that point though nobody here would care the slightest.

  7. #237
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    burnaby BC كافر
    Posts
    4,087
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Proenneke View Post
    Im gonna make a cynical guess, that this postponement has nothing to do with civilian firearms, and everything to do with military firearms/weapons (i.e. LAVIII to Saudi Arabia) that are being exported for sale. The manufactures are either not set-up, or not able to, or for political reasons, don't want to, adhere with sections of the act, prior to completing deals that are in progress. I have no facts to back up this assertion.
    how would manufacturers not be able to mark them? they already are marking each and every weapon they make, what are four more digits?

    Quote Originally Posted by Parts View Post
    yes... it would have to be marked at the country it enters.
    it does not say anywhere it has to be done in any country, just that it must be done AT LEAST 60 after entry. when the gun is actually made and stamped at the factory is way before this set point, so the factory adding four digits on the receiver is not really a difficult thing to do.

  8. #238
    Member frenchie_84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    37
    Quote Originally Posted by captainamazing View Post
    well how bout that... a theory that isn't stupid.

    Now for my my addition: The military industrial complex wont have their business interfered with. They create problems by selling arms to governments in conflict regions then sell us solutions buy supplying our armed forces. The UN isn't going to stop that age old business strategy. The UN hasn't been able to stop Africans and Arabs from killing each other by the millions for the decades they have been around because the UN is a declawed and neutered house cat trying to govern a den of pissed off lions.
    Hahhhhahahhahahahah!!! I'm dying!!! So true/funny

    Pew pew!

  9. #239
    Super GunNutz Firearmsking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    169
    Sounds like you want these markings... and no it's not just as simple as adding four digits at a factory... doing that breaks the chain of production which requires more work..

    Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    how would manufacturers not be able to mark them? they already are marking each and every weapon they make, what are four more digits?



    it does not say anywhere it has to be done in any country, just that it must be done AT LEAST 60 after entry. when the gun is actually made and stamped at the factory is way before this set point, so the factory adding four digits on the receiver is not really a difficult thing to do.
    GOD, GUNS & GOLD - Three Gs I seek

  10. #240
    Super GunNutz scout_289's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,164
    Damn! Misses & I ought six (unmarked) guns in the last two months for nothing.

    The unfairness of it all ;-)
    Busy cleaning my guns. I want them to look their best when they go into the furnace.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •