Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 61618192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

Quote Originally Posted by Revv View Post
    The small liberal thinkers probably just realized that bringing the massive firearms business in Canada to a screeching halt with an ill planned UN marking scheme might just lose them a few million votes if they do it too soon. Better to wait just before the election and see how they are doing in the rating polls.
    Indeed. The Libs care about votes and power...and losing them...more than anything else.
    I think the LGR debacle, and all the fallout from it, is still very much on their minds.
    After all, it's not like they don't like the idea of another registry. They're just not pushing it b/c they fear it could cost them. Perhaps (probably?) that's part of what's going on here.
    All the more reason to keep speaking up and speaking out.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    So far the Liberals bark has been worse than their bite, when it comes to gun controlling. Actually there hasn't ben much barking either.

Quote Originally Posted by trebor2880 View Post
    So far the Liberals bark has been worse than their bite, when it comes to gun controlling. Actually there hasn't ben much barking either.
    True, but I think the lack of barking is b/c they're being much more stealthy about pushing their anti-firearms and anti-firearms-community agenda.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Their going to let the RCMP do the barking and biting for them by handing over the power and blame. 10/22 mags, CZ 858 Sparta. 2 that just come to mind

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    Their going to let the RCMP do the barking and biting for them by handing over the power and blame. 10/22 mags, CZ 858 Sparta. 2 that just come to mind
    The ol' divide and conquer routine. When it comes to the 10/22 mags., the last thing I want is a over-cap mag stickin' outta my gun.
    But I'll still fight the fight for those wanting a fun toy. As long as they'll support the folks wanting to make handgun hunting and CCW a reality.
    As for the 858, mine never sees the light of day. The novelty wore off.

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Proenneke View Post
    I am guessing that the UN Bill which requires the marking of imported firearms has other sections that may not pertain to marking civilian firearms. It is not just one section of the bill they are delaying. Total conspiracy theory on my part, but why would the Liberals throw gun owners a bone, when they've been giving us the bone since they came to power. How many signatures were on the AR15 reclassification petition? A hell of a lot. So I am supposed to believe that a couple letters and phone calls to a few MP's caused Parliament to delay a firearms marking law, that really creates no political grief for the Liberals, but instead adds cost, and bottlenecks to firearms sales. Sounds like a perfect admistrative way of screwing gun owners, with minimal political backlash. There's got to be more to this delay, that's all I'm saying........
    Well, the bill requires all Canadian manufacturers to mark their firearms with either CANADA or CA, so it would impact Colt Canada if we're selling C7s to the Finns or something, for example. But I think with that much money and no pressing deadlines to make rent money, this wouldn't be a deal breaker for any Defence Contractor. So I just don't see the export end of things making this a deal breaker....

But I totally agree with you that it's not quite plausible that any grass roots activism on our part caused this change of heart.

Personally, I think the CBSA and RCMP said implementing this going to be chaos, and that might light a fire under HM's Loyal Opposition to make it sound enough like Gun Registry 2.0 that Joe Average from anyplace but Toronto might wonder if you're pissing away tax dollars again... so let's put this off while the Firearms Advisory Committee does something that makes a big report and a press conference... and then we really screw the law abiding gun owners.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Mark Holland is the secretary to the public safety minister. I.E. Second in Command. One way or another, there is something bad coming our way. Believe it.

If you think he has stopped thinking about how to best screw gun owners, you're optimistic/naive beyond reality.
    Last edited by TJspeller; 05-20-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    CSSA CCFR CPC

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    True, but I think the lack of barking is b/c they're being much more stealthy about pushing their anti-firearms and anti-firearms-community agenda.
    Give them credit because they may have realized this is a time consuming endeavour which has zero benefits.
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiC10R View Post
    Where did you hear that. I haven't read or heard anything of the sort?
    IrG was going to do it themselves and i haven't heard of any manufacturer marking their firearms for import to Canada??
    IRG doesnt place orders at the factory, they buy from other dealers and distributors. so they have no say in markings. anyone that placed orders with factories to have guns built has had them marked.

Quote Originally Posted by P0WERWAGON View Post
    IRG doesnt place orders at the factory, they buy from other dealers and distributors. so they have no say in markings. anyone that placed orders with factories to have guns built has had them marked.
    As it was written manufactures could not mark their guns as they had to be marked after importation! This whole thing was a dogs dinner as the logistics had not been thought through. There is so much misinformation and conflicting comments it is really unbelievable! At least now we have 18 months to get it sorted out, as in 18 months time we are back in the same position, this has not been defeated!