Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8182021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

Quote:
    I don't doubt your record and appreciate all efforts that serve the Canadian firearms community, but let us not pretend that it is not in your best interest as a firearms retailer.

In that case how is it that well over 50% of Canadian Firearms Dealers are not members of any shooting organisation, they do not actively lobby the Government or CFC RCMP, in fact many keep a low profile as they believe that is the best way to help their business. There have been many times when I have wished I had been one of those! but it is simply not in my nature.

I was a firearms owner, collector and hunter long before I started Wolverine Supplies, my first letter to the Government about Firearms control was also long before I started Wolverine Supplies.

You have a strange way of " appreciating my efforts"!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    In that case how is it that well over 50% of Canadian Firearms Dealers are not members of any shooting organisation
    Do you have data on this? I would love to compile a list of Canadian firearms dealers that support our rights/community and those that do not. I know first hand my local dealer (advertises on this forum) is a huge supporter both monetarily and vocally of Canadian gun right and causes.

You have a strange way of " appreciating my efforts"!
    My apologies if I came across insincere, I do appreciate your efforts as I'm sure many in this community do.

Letter sent.

Firstly I must make a correction to my statement "The United Nations Arms Trade Treaty is not only about the import marking on small arms, that is just a small part of it." The UN Import marking is totally different to the UNATT.

Wolverine is a member of CADSI, I have already explained why.

CADSI have issued statements with out consulting their members, this is been addressed.

I think my record of fighting for the rights of Canadian Gun Owners can stand by itself.

We have better things to do with our time than start scrapping amongst ourselves, how the anti gunners must laugh at us!
    In what way is the import marking "totally different" than the UNATT as it is the UNATT that prescribes the markings?

CADSI's position has been public for over a year during which time you renewed your membership in the organization. Meanwhile, you are asking us to donate our time to oppose pending legislation while an organization you support financially is "committed to working with" the Liberals to pass the very same legislation.

And here's a prediction, when the Liberals introduce their law you can expect CADSI's endorsement will be held up as proof that arms manufacturers, gun makers and dealers such as you support the UN Treaty. Count on it.

BANNED
    The UN Import marking is totally different to the UNATT.
    Actually after reviewing the documentation regarding UNATT it would seem like they are included.

Mr. Wolv can you explain why you think the markings are not park of UNATT?

Quote Originally Posted by innawoods View Post
    Actually after reviewing the documentation regarding UNATT it would seem like they are included.

Go back to post number 263 and John said this:
    The United Nations Arms Trade Treaty is not only about the import marking on small arms, that is just a small part of it.
    So you are both in agreement. John is merely pointing out that there is a lot more to the UNATT than just the firearms marking.

Quote Originally Posted by innawoods View Post

I corrected my previous statement after conversation with Tony of CILA/ CSAAA. In any event CADSI are making statements with out consultation with their members. Several large Canadian firearms importers are members of CADSI, just because you are a member of an organisation does not automatically mean that you support all their statements or that you are even aware of them. As I said before this is an issue that is been addressed.

I corrected my previous statement after conversation with Tony of CILA/ CSAAA. In any event CADSI are making statements with out consultation with their members. Several large Canadian firearms importers are members of CADSI, just because you are a member of an organisation does not automatically mean that you support all their statements or that you are even aware of them. As I said before this is an issue that is been addressed.
    We are expected to draw the inference that you did not know and/or do not support CADSI's position. You are aware of now. Do you support CADSI's commit to work with the Liberals to bring in this legislation? Do intend to keep financially supporting the organization?

Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    We are expected to draw the inference that you did not know and/or do not support CADSI's position. You are aware of now. Do you support CADSI's commit to work with the Liberals to bring in this legislation? Do intend to keep financially supporting the organization?
    You are free to draw what ever inference you like, I have clearly stated my position and have no further comment. I have nothing to hide, my past record speaks for itself, so I will leave this thread unlocked.

You are free to draw what ever inference you like, I have clearly stated my position and have no further comment. I have nothing to hide, my past record speaks for itself, so I will leave this thread unlocked.
    Your reticence to discuss the issue in other than vague generalities followed by "no further comment" speaks for itself too.