Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

5 e-mail addresses, 5 letters sent!

thanks for the reminder! just email Justin

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
    Well, it does say 60 days "after" leaving CBSA.
    Yes but that simply sets a day it needs to be done by, It doesnt say it can't be done before they get it.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Can someone post a copy of what they sent to the prime minister thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ritcherich View Post
    Can someone post a copy of what they sent to the prime minister thanks
    Dude, look up a few lines

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
    Add your name and address here

March 19, 2017

The Honorable Ralph Goodale, Member of Parliament
    Minister of Public Safety
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, Canada
    K1A 0A6
    Re: Recommended Solution to Concerns with implementation of Canadian Firearm Marking Scheme

I am very concerned that the “Marking of Imported Firearms (Bill C-10A) Regulations”, as currently drafted, will have a negative impact on Canadians who rely on hunting to feed their families and on sports shooters, by significantly increasing costs and reducing choice. It is also likely that it will have a disastrous impact on the Canadian firearms industry and result in the unnecessary loss of jobs and hurt trading relationships with other countries. I request that you amend the Regulations to reflect the modern firearms marking system that is already being followed in Canada.

The goal of the UN Firearm Marking protocol is to ensure every firearm can be tracked back to its point of origin. The protocol does not specify how that marking is to be accomplished, preferring to leave the entire implementation process up to individual party states. All of the information required by the UN Firearms Marking Protocol is already available quickly and easily using the existing firearm markings and the systems in place to track their movement from point of manufacture to their final destination at one of Canada’s firearm importers. Requiring the addition of markings that provide no useful information will unnecessarily add exorbitant costs to every single firearm imported into Canada.

The “make” of a firearm easily permits the identification of the “manufacturer” and the “country of manufacture” as required by Article 8. For example, a firearm with the “make” of “Browning” can easily be identified as being manufactured by Miroku in Japan.

Each firearm contains a serial number that is “unique” to that make and model of firearm. That serial number also identifies the year of manufacture. Commercial firearm manufacturer’s records are so meticulously detailed that the make, model and serial number of a specific firearm will reveal when and where the firearm was manufactured, when it was shipped and to which country, when the firearm was released from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and the name and address of the importer.

It has been conservatively estimated that implementing the Firearms Marking Regulations, will add over $200 to the price of every single firearm sold in Canada. This will have a devastating effect on the sale of firearms in Canada, and will place an onerous burden on those Canadians who rely on hunting to feed their families. In particular, it will negatively affect aboriginal hunters disproportionately.

Canada's firearm market is less than 3% of the world firearm market. Our few remaining firearm manufacturers and our firearm importers cannot withstand millions of dollars in startup costs to add unnecessary markings. Our existing firearm businesses most certainly cannot withstand an additional cost of $60 million per year to mark the 350,000 firearms imported every year.

Before implementing the Marking of Imported Firearms Regulations on June 1, 2017, I respectfully encourage the government to amend the regulations to reflect current practices which already meet all of the objectives of the UN Firearms Protocol.

Sincerely,

Put your name here

cc: ​Put the name of your local MP here
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, Canada
    K1A 0A6
    you need one in french too because you know the turd cant say #### in English
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    3 emails sent off. 1 to Justin, 1 to Ralph and 1 to my local MP.

CGN Regular
    I'll write. This is insane.

Please don't email these letters. My MP told me they don't pay much attention to emails because of bulk senders etc. Hit print, stick it in the envelope and mail it (free).
    "Never trust a government that doesn't trust its own citizens with guns...."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraGuy View Post
    Please don't email these letters. My MP told me they don't pay much attention to emails because of bulk senders etc. Hit print, stick it in the envelope and mail it (free).
    I'm planning to do both. Fwiw, of the emails I've sent I've only had 1 not responded to.