Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    As has been stated... how can they enforce this if it is impossible to tell if a firearm was imported pre or post implementation?

If stopped by the rcmp... how could/does one prove that it doesn't require the marking... and in order to implement that
    How does it not take a form of some type of registry?

My understanding is that the manufacturers can absolutely have the required markings but in actuality it is unlikely from most manufacturers to be a part of the process so that is why all the other rules are applied post import...
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    I'm not a dealer, but now my curiosity and desire for actual facts has inspired me to send a letter to the office of Mr. Goodale. He is still responsible for Ministry of Public Safety under which this mandate will fall. He can then delegate someone to provide the proper answer. I don't think it is prudent to depend on internet hearsay or the gun orgs to provide an opinion when the actual governing body can provide the correct information.
    You are 100% correct about not relying on internet hearsay. In Canada we have a Firearms Dealer Association, the CSAAA, to date whilst bringing valid questions to the Ministers office they are not receiving answers, hence all the speculation. Personal I do not believe the Government bureaucrats have thought through the logistical implementation of this order, they should at least delay it until they have a practical process ready to implement.

I think that it can apply to newly imported firearms. The US can be used as an example on their import markings
    on surplus rifles etc. The CMP seems to be exempt. Un marked firearms don't seem to be an issue

BANNED
    Typo

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    U.N. FIREARMS MARKING REGULATIONS

From our friends at CSSA
    The time is 11:59 p.m.
    We are roaring up to the deadline. On June 1, 2017, the United Nations' Firearms Marking Regulations will be implemented, and Canada's gun industry will take the punch right in the head.

Oddly enough, the House of Commons is strangely silent on this.

We implore you to write to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and firmly request that this foolish exercise be halted immediately, before extensive damage is done to a licensed, legitimate industry.

U.N. Marking is expensive, time consuming, potentially dangerous and worse, TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

The United Nations requested we have a system of tracing firearms. The Chr้tien government chose to add ridiculous post-manufacturing markings on all imported firearms.

Be forewarned – the cost of a firearm may rise dramatically and businesses may close.

• For 12 years, the CSSA and the CSAAA have stood virtually alone in opposing the implementation of this regulation.

• We have repeatedly warned our members about this issue.

• We have even been accused of exaggerating the case to raise funds. So let's be clear: the CSSA has never ONCE asked its members for money to support this issue. We have, however, asked for a call to action.

Once again – one last time – we need your assistance to deter the Government of Canada from implementing this damaging and useless regulation.

Please write to the Prime Minister and ask him to stop this implementation. Tell him the CSSA has a constructive alternative that will not cost Canadian jobs and buckets of money – money that will ultimately come out of your pocket. Don't hesitate. Do it now – it's even free!

Thank you!
    Team CSSA
    Contact information:
    The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
    Prime Minister of Canada
    Office of the Prime Minister
    80 Wellington Street
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0A2
    Telephone: 613- 995-0253
    Fax: 613-941-6900
    Email: justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca
    A PDF of the offending UN document posted will help people "sink their teeth" into this mess before serial numbers are branded on our foreheads and/or bottoms like cattle. Ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    U.N. FIREARMS MARKING REGULATIONS

From our friends at CSSA
    The time is 11:59 p.m.
    We are roaring up to the deadline. On June 1, 2017, the United Nations' Firearms Marking Regulations will be implemented, and Canada's gun industry will take the punch right in the head.

Oddly enough, the House of Commons is strangely silent on this.

We implore you to write to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and firmly request that this foolish exercise be halted immediately, before extensive damage is done to a licensed, legitimate industry.

U.N. Marking is expensive, time consuming, potentially dangerous and worse, TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

The United Nations requested we have a system of tracing firearms. The Chr้tien government chose to add ridiculous post-manufacturing markings on all imported firearms.

Be forewarned – the cost of a firearm may rise dramatically and businesses may close.

• For 12 years, the CSSA and the CSAAA have stood virtually alone in opposing the implementation of this regulation.

• We have repeatedly warned our members about this issue.

• We have even been accused of exaggerating the case to raise funds. So let's be clear: the CSSA has never ONCE asked its members for money to support this issue. We have, however, asked for a call to action.

Once again – one last time – we need your assistance to deter the Government of Canada from implementing this damaging and useless regulation.

Please write to the Prime Minister and ask him to stop this implementation. Tell him the CSSA has a constructive alternative that will not cost Canadian jobs and buckets of money – money that will ultimately come out of your pocket. Don't hesitate. Do it now – it's even free!

Thank you!
    Team CSSA
    Contact information:
    The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
    Prime Minister of Canada
    Office of the Prime Minister
    80 Wellington Street
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0A2
    Telephone: 613- 995-0253
    Fax: 613-941-6900
    Email: justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca
    A petition on the government's website should be put together and a PM sent to all CGN members with a link...
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

I have a very expensive firearm due for import on the last few days of May, it is three to four times the price of similar firearms in the same category (AR15). Any delay in shipping or customs would push the import date over the June 1st deadline.
    I would think the associated cost of this firearm would qualify for exemption under these rules but how does one apply for exemption and what happens to the firearm while waiting for the beurocrats to make a decision?
    Last edited by TeeJay; 03-26-2017 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
    I have a very expensive firearm due for import on the last few days of May, it is three to four times the price of similar firearms in the same category (AR15). Any delay in shipping or customs would push the import date over the July 1st deadline.
    I would think the associated cost of this firearm would qualify for exemption under these rules but how does one apply for exemption and what happens to the firearm while waiting for the beurocrats to make a decision?
    I think you have a typo the date is 1st June. You raise very good questions that should be answered, but by whom and when ? Good luck.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CosmiC10R's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeJay View Post
    I have a very expensive firearm due for import on the last few days of May, it is three to four times the price of similar firearms in the same category (AR15). Any delay in shipping or customs would push the import date over the July 1st deadline.
    It comes into effect June 1st... so not great...

And how is the exemption applied... total cost vs similar products.
    How is rarity applied? How.many have to be in circulation?

How.does one measure the devaluation as a part of the process...

Poorly thought out doesn't begin to describe this...
    It's not about money.... It's about sending a message...
    Member - NRA (Bloomie made me do it ) - CCFR - NFA - CPC
    Juster - "I came to CGN for the firearms information, but stayed for the supportive mental health ecosystem"

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I think you have a typo the date is 1st June. You raise very good questions that should be answered, but by whom and when ? Good luck.
    Oops, that's what I meant. Fixed it, thank you.