Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

Quote Originally Posted by CosmiC10R View Post
    It comes into effect June 1st... so not great...

And how is the exemption applied... total cost vs similar products.
    How is rarity applied? How.many have to be in circulation?

How.does one measure the devaluation as a part of the process...

Poorly thought out doesn't begin to describe this...
    You bring up another good point, as the firearm I am acquiring is 1 out of only 10 being produced in this, 1st production run and it will be the first one of its kind in Canada.
    Seems like a no brainer that it should qualify for exemption.

So a petition against this is too much work to put together, or has everyone already surrendered?
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The House is oddly silent about this?

Really???

It's a liberal majority people. This isn't too difficult to figure out. This is here until we get a CPC majority at the earliest.
    Check your sarcasm detector, cause it's either broken...or you didn't get one installed.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Firearms are already having a serial number on it.
    Is there any logical explanation to how inscribing certain "markings" will help achieve anything?
    Having serial number serves a purpose (identifying a firearm), this proposed marking seems to have none, shouldn't that be enough grounds to challenge that in court?
    This is beyond ridiculous waste of time & resources.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces-guy View Post
    So a petition against this is too much work to put together, or has everyone already surrendered?
    Hmm, why hasn't anyone brought forward an official E-Petition yet??? I know a few MP's that would more than likely sponsor this. Mr. Wolverine could come up with the proper wording perhaps. I know it's the 11th hour and this should have been done months ago but would it not hurt to try at the very least? We can write as many letters as we want but it will fall on deaf ears. I suppose an E-Petition might have the same problem but it may hold more clout given it's more visual (public's eye) than a personal letter/fax/email.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pisces-guy View Post
    Well hey, just post a link to the petition you've put together and I'm sure many of us will sign it...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Yes please, that would be interesting to see. If the manufacture could apply the marking it would ease the situation with some manufactures and models.
    Back in January I sent in an email with some context and then asked, "...must the firearms be marked *only* after they arrive in Canada, or would it be possible for a Canadian distributor to order a number of firearms from a manufacturer in another country, and have the manufacturer pre-mark them with the Canadian import marks?"

The response I received is quoted below. I've removed the personal phone/fax/email of the analyst but could provide them privately on request for a justifiable reason.

RE: Question about firearms import markings
    Firearms / Armesafeu (PS/SP) [ps.firearms-armesafeu.sp@canada.ca]
    Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:05 PM
    To: <me>
    Good Morning <me>,
    Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for the delay in responding. To answer your question, the Firearms Marking Regulations do not preclude the ability of a Canadian distributor to have a foreign manufacturer ‘pre-mark’ a shipment of firearms with the Canadian import marks. The requirement is to ensure the firearm is marked by the period specified in the Regulations.

Thank you again for writing,

Benjamin Gallant
    Policy Analyst
    Firearms and Operational Policing Policy Division / Division des armes à feu et des politiques opérationelles
    Community Safety and Countering Crime Branch / Secteur de la sécurité communautaire et de la lutte contre le crime
    Public Safety Canada / Securite publique Canada
    269 Laurier Avenue West, 12th Floor / 269, avenue Laurier Ouest, 12ième étage
    Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0P8

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Thanks Cbf. I guess you saved me the trouble of writing a letter to confirm what I have been saying. Heck, maybe I'll do it anyways since I'm sure someone will interpret this to mean something different. It wouldn't hurt to have another opinion saying the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cbf123 View Post
    Back in January I sent in an email with some context and then asked, "...must the firearms be marked *only* after they arrive in Canada, or would it be possible for a Canadian distributor to order a number of firearms from a manufacturer in another country, and have the manufacturer pre-mark them with the Canadian import marks?"

The response I received is quoted below. I've removed the personal phone/fax/email of the analyst but could provide them privately on request for a justifiable reason.

RE: Question about firearms import markings
    Firearms / Armesafeu (PS/SP) [ps.firearms-armesafeu.sp@canada.ca]
    Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 1:05 PM
    To: <me>
    Good Morning <me>,
    Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for the delay in responding. To answer your question, the Firearms Marking Regulations do not preclude the ability of a Canadian distributor to have a foreign manufacturer ‘pre-mark’ a shipment of firearms with the Canadian import marks. The requirement is to ensure the firearm is marked by the period specified in the Regulations.

Thank you again for writing,

Benjamin Gallant
    Policy Analyst
    Firearms and Operational Policing Policy Division / Division des armes à feu et des politiques opérationelles
    Community Safety and Countering Crime Branch / Secteur de la sécurité communautaire et de la lutte contre le crime
    Public Safety Canada / Securite publique Canada
    269 Laurier Avenue West, 12th Floor / 269, avenue Laurier Ouest, 12ième étage
    Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0P8
    Thank you, please send me your contact details to John@wolverinesupplies.com this is an extremely valuable point that I will be acting on immediately.
    Last edited by Wolverine .303; 03-27-2017 at 08:54 AM.

Forgive my ignorance on this one, but how does adding a couple extra character to a firearm "add over $200 to the price of every single firearm sold in Canada"? Where did they get this number?