Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 717192021222324252627282930 LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by TJspeller View Post
    Mark Holland is the secretary to the public safety minister. I.E. Second in Command. One way or another, there is something bad coming our way. Believe it.

If you think he has stopped thinking about how to best screw gun owners, you're optimistic/naive beyond reality.
    tin foil hats might be on a little too tight,the Lib care about one thing,VOTES,if they're not moving forward it's because it was very clear to them,this could cost them votes and loss of power,the last thing they want,they've seen how the firearms community can rally pretty quickly.with social media these days,millions can be reached in hours,and whee millions hear of the tax dollars wasted and lost,,the whinning and bitching will start,they know their laws are stupid,but it's all about appeasing the bleeding heart anti-gun chicken ####s in a few large cities,but NOW,,they also see the LARGE amount of votes in the country,and little shiny pony must have seen what happened in the US,,when a part forgets country folks as un-important,you can bet he doesn't want that happening here,they also know that there's an awfull large number of country folks who never bother to vote,but with the right wind in the sail,they just might this time around,they are an unknown factor the Libs have to think about,and maybe pissing off a large group of population like gun owners,hunters,farmers,and their friends might not be the best idea,there are probably way more gun owners now that the anti-gun wimps that scream bloody murder about anything gun related,so fear mongering on her about what the big bad Libs are going to do,is a waste of time,

Does Wolverine care to comment on their membership in an organization that is working with the Liberals to help introduce the UN marking?

https://www.defenceandsecurity.ca/me...cle&id=318&t=c

The Canadian Association of Defence and Security Industries (CADSI)—as the national industry voice of over 800 companies across Canada that produce world-class goods, services and technologies sought the world over—reaffirms its support of Canada’s accession to the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (UN ATT). The new legislation introduced in parliament today by Minister of Foreign Affairs Chrystia Freeland will continue to raise the bar for countries across the globe and contribute positively to strengthening global security and non-proliferation. CADSI remains committed to working with the Government of Canada as it accedes to the UN ATT.
    Wolverine's membership listing in the organization.

http://www.canadiancapabilities.ca/i...erine+Supplies

As you have correctly pointed out Wolverine is a member of CADSI, this is out of necessity as CADSI host CANSEC, which is the largest Military and Police trade show held in Canada, which Wolverine attends.

The United Nations Arms Trade Treaty is not only about the import marking on small arms, that is just a small part of it.

The statements announced by CADSI do not reflect the views of all their members. Although they claim to speak on behalf of their members we certainly have not been consulted, this is an internal issue that we are in the process of addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    As you have correctly pointed out Wolverine is a member of CADSI, this is out of necessity as CADSI host CANSEC, which is the largest Military and Police trade show held in Canada, which Wolverine attends.

The United Nations Arms Trade Treaty is not only about the import marking on small arms, that is just a small part of it.

The statements announced by CADSI do not reflect the views of all their members. Although they claim to speak on behalf of their members we certainly have not been consulted, this is an internal issue that we are in the process of addressing.
    I understand that "business is business" and sometimes accommodations need to be made to service the bottom line. No argument there from me.

CADSI has however endorsed and been committed to "working with" the Liberals on the UN Treaty for some time now. Its not a secret. There's even a post here from a year ago on the matter.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...aty?p=12409990

So either you didn't know about CADSI's position or were fully aware when you asked us to write letters in opposition to legislation that an organization you support financially and is committed to bring into effect.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    I understand that "business is business" and sometimes accommodations need to be made to service the bottom line. No argument there from me.

CADSI has however endorsed and been committed to "working with" the Liberals on the UN Treaty for some time now. Its not a secret. There's even a post here from a year ago on the matter.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...aty?p=12409990

So either you didn't know about CADSI's position or were fully aware when you asked us to write letters in opposition to legislation that an organization you support financially and is committed to bring into effect.
    Or as he said the UNATT is more than just the firearms marking and ultimately CADSI will work closely with any govt in power on anything as you don't sway govt opinion by snubbing them

Interesting..

BANNED
    Are we meant to understand that you agree with other aspects of the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty? Sorry, but it seems like you guys are trying to have it both ways here. Calls to action on this message board to help defeat the UN markings, while at the same time breaking bread with the same people who are vying for it at trade shows? At the very least it's brutta figura. Others might use harsher words like "collusion" and "misrepresentation".

I am a member of the Conservative Party of Canada, this does not mean I agree with all of their policies and positions. Sounds to me like it is in Wolverine's best interest to be a member of CADSI and while that is true they do not agree with all there policies and positions.

Pretty normal stuff here IMO

Quote Originally Posted by innawoods View Post
    Are we meant to understand that you agree with other aspects of the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty? Sorry, but it seems like you guys are trying to have it both ways here. Calls to action on this message board to help defeat the UN markings, while at the same time breaking bread with the same people who are vying for it at trade shows? At the very least it's brutta figura. Others might use harsher words like "collusion" and "misrepresentation".
    Firstly I must make a correction to my statement "The United Nations Arms Trade Treaty is not only about the import marking on small arms, that is just a small part of it." The UN Import marking is totally different to the UNATT.

Wolverine is a member of CADSI, I have already explained why.

CADSI have issued statements with out consulting their members, this is been addressed.

I think my record of fighting for the rights of Canadian Gun Owners can stand by itself.

We have better things to do with our time than start scrapping amongst ourselves, how the anti gunners must laugh at us!

BANNED
    I think my record of fighting for the rights of Canadian Gun Owners can stand by itself.
    I don't doubt your record and appreciate all efforts that serve the Canadian firearms community, but let us not pretend that it is not in your best interest as a firearms retailer.

We have better things to do with our time than start scrapping amongst ourselves
    On this point we are in full agreement. I think we can agree that this information, that while optically questionable, does not deter from your stance on Canadian gun rights.

Thank you for clarifying.