Page 1 of 30 1234567891121 ... LastLast

Thread: U.n. Firearms marking regulations

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384

U.n. Firearms marking regulations

U.N. FIREARMS MARKING REGULATIONS

From our friends at CSSA
    The time is 11:59 p.m.
    We are roaring up to the deadline. On June 1, 2017, the United Nations' Firearms Marking Regulations will be implemented, and Canada's gun industry will take the punch right in the head.

Oddly enough, the House of Commons is strangely silent on this.

We implore you to write to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and firmly request that this foolish exercise be halted immediately, before extensive damage is done to a licensed, legitimate industry.

U.N. Marking is expensive, time consuming, potentially dangerous and worse, TOTALLY UNNECESSARY.

The United Nations requested we have a system of tracing firearms. The Chr้tien government chose to add ridiculous post-manufacturing markings on all imported firearms.

Be forewarned – the cost of a firearm may rise dramatically and businesses may close.

• For 12 years, the CSSA and the CSAAA have stood virtually alone in opposing the implementation of this regulation.

• We have repeatedly warned our members about this issue.

• We have even been accused of exaggerating the case to raise funds. So let's be clear: the CSSA has never ONCE asked its members for money to support this issue. We have, however, asked for a call to action.

Once again – one last time – we need your assistance to deter the Government of Canada from implementing this damaging and useless regulation.

Please write to the Prime Minister and ask him to stop this implementation. Tell him the CSSA has a constructive alternative that will not cost Canadian jobs and buckets of money – money that will ultimately come out of your pocket. Don't hesitate. Do it now – it's even free!

Thank you!
    Team CSSA
    Contact information:
    The Right Honourable Justin Trudeau
    Prime Minister of Canada
    Office of the Prime Minister
    80 Wellington Street
    Ottawa, Ontario
    K1A 0A2
    Telephone: 613- 995-0253
    Fax: 613-941-6900
    Email: justin.trudeau@parl.gc.ca
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

"East of the Rockies, and west of the rest" - Corb Lund
    I will write a letter as soon as I get back home.

I will do.
    NFA , All the Way !!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Hey Wolverine, do you guys know anything about the details of this? Such as how much it might increase costs?

Also, they mention the cssa has an alternative, but I see no details on what that may be?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    So question. Guns are already marked with a variety of markings. Adding four more digits "CA" and year "XX" can hardly be expected to add any cost, but this is obviously ONLY the case if guns are marked specifically at the time of manufacture.

This would require all foreign manufactured firearms to be manufactured specifically for the Canadian market. Has anyone in Canada contacted any of the big gun manufacturers to determine if they would be willing to do this? If they are not, then it certainly lends credibility to the cost argument being used to demonstrate the ridiculousness of these regulations.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Hey Wolverine, do you guys know anything about the details of this? Such as how much it might increase costs?

Also, they mention the cssa has an alternative, but I see no details on what that may be?
    If a firearm at the time of import does not comply with the regulations, which no firearm would unless specifically marked at the time of manufacture for the Canadian market, the gun will need to be marked with "CA" and the last two digits of the year of import.

This can be done quickly and crudely in just a few seconds, but no gun owner would be satisfied with the result. Any such marking would likely damage the finish on the firearm and leave it vulnerable to corrosion from the elements. To do a good job of it, the affected surface will need to be refinished after marking by a competent individual, and that's where most of the cost will come from. Some have estimated this cost at up to 200 dollars, resulting effectively in a premium for foreign made firearms.

Canadian gun manufacturers would obviously mark all of their firearms at the time of manufacture to be compliant, and likely wouldn't suffer any added costs. Unmarked foreign made firearms would probably see a rise in value on the used market. I think the possible disruption to the market is far more significant than any actual cost gun owners could bear.

As for the CSSA's secret alternative...It would seem only they get to know.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    The House is oddly silent about this?

Really???

It's a liberal majority people. This isn't too difficult to figure out. This is here until we get a CPC majority at the earliest.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Sent a letter out today
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

CGN Regular
    Was on the phone with the RCMP techs today RE self-manufacturing a Restricted firearm. He kindly reminded me that I should do it before July 1st as it looks like the new marking regs will come into effect. He informed me that it doesn't make any sense and was 'mostly political' so I should finish my serialize my build before they come into effect.

Overall a good discussion with the tech today...the front line CS? Not so much...

Will be writing my letter tomorrow and sending it off, though I'm sure its falling on deaf ears.

Page 1 of 30 1234567891121 ... LastLast