Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Firearms marking

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmiC10R View Post
    I don't think the current govt cares much for how it plays out...
    This.

BANNED
    Explain this to me like I am 5: whats the big deal about putting a stamp on imported guns? Slight inconvenience and thus cost for the N Sylvas and other importers.

This deliberate defacing of collectible firearms imported here will have a significant impact on value once marked. That is all this would accomplish, terribly stupid and unnecessary.
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

makes me very glad I sold all my guns and have no intention of getting more...
    There's nothing like riding a fine horse through new country. Augustus (Gus) McCrae, Lonesome Dove

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southwest maddog View Post
    I tried this, but with some of the deals that CanadaAmmo has, I found it too irresistible to be a sheep.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cement head's Avatar
    I know why they want to mark firearms. it's going to make us and the firearms safer . LOL. the only reason why dumb dumb got in is because everyone who wanted weed made legal voted for him . and now we have to pay for their stupidy. if Harper was in and yes I voted for him - Stephen Harper he would have told the UN to get lost.

everytime I see that fool on tv I either mute it or change the channel . as for the markings we will see . the guns will still go bang but it's a shame to deface something of historical value and I don't think it's right that something I'm paying for with my hard earned money have to have some stupid import mark or UN mark on it for no ligit reason. other than to deface it. period.

Agreed. I only have a few left and a mountain of ammo. I'm out of this fight.
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    Agreed. I only have a few left and a mountain of ammo. I'm out of this fight.
    new to the site but not new to the gun world. This is exactly what the Liberal Government is hoping will happen. Make owning firearms so prohibitive that everyone turns them in.

Quote Originally Posted by 15567 View Post
    This deliberate defacing of collectible firearms imported here will have a significant impact on value once marked. That is all this would accomplish, terribly stupid and unnecessary.
    This is already being done in a way with rebarreling prohibs. This is the thing that really gets me: defacing historical artifacts a la ISIS tearing down monuments that have been around for millenia. It's more than just losing value, it is a complete lack of respect for historical artifacts and the significance they represent as a window to the past.

BANNED
    Get a grip.

JMBrowning's 1911 prototypes are not being marked. The value of a Gen4 Glock is not going to change a whole lot bc there's a CA17 on it somewhere, particularly if done nicely and not in electropencil by a guy with Parkinson's