Help us pick engraving for huglu combo!

Prophet River

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Business Member
Rating - 100%
425   0   2
We are looking into getting a combo done like this:

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=CZ06240

However, we cannot use the same pattern as CZ used for their, so, our Huglu rep sent us these to pick. We would love input. We don't have pricing yet but the the choice we make will vary the price somewhat. Suggested retail on these in the USA is 3900 US$. (they have highly upgraded wood too) but it looks like we will retail these at 2800.00 or so CAN$, depending on the final specs:
Here are the patterns we were sent!

Last edited:
Second from the bottom is beautiful. Extra side plate with waterfowl. Engraving is classic. They are all nice. I give preference to more than one bird included.

#2 or #7 from the top are nice. Although I am in the camp that believes a nice upland gun in a sub gauge could use a quail, grouse, pheasant or woodcock. Just my opinion.

Thanks.

Is there two types here? An over/under and side-by-side? It would depend on what you are getting...

To choose between what is existing here I like this one the most:

Engraving is nice but it can't be over powering either. Just my opinion though...

If I was deciding on one from scratch I would pick the one above but extend the metal and engraving down the stock like so:

But leave the space with the duck open and free so anyone who would want to get it custom engraved in the future could. I already have a combo O/U... but might buy another if it was like that.

Just my thoughts...

To be attractive engraving must be well done or it just looks like a cheap scratched up gun. Forget the mythical lions and weird birds. If you include birds ( appropriate on a shotgun) they should be realistic in form and setting. I prefer the second one and the last one although a few of the others are also nice. I note that some of these samples ( show samples?) appear to have outstanding wood. Will we have the opportunity for these kind of wood upgrades? Also, a few of the guns shown are side by side, any chance of a high grade side by side? I would be happy to place an order for a semi custom upgrade Bobwhite in 28 gauge.

Back
Top Bottom