Thread: Anyone know some Crown land in the GTA?

Question Anyone know some Crown land in the GTA?

I was wondering if anyone knew of any crown land in or around Toronto or the GTA strictly for plinking with a small caliber rifle on weekends? I'd love to be able to find somewhere to go with my .22s so I don't always need to to go to a range? I was hoping someone knew of land around the Caledon way. Pretty much anywhere north or west a bit of Toronto and Brampton.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEmond View Post
    I was wondering if anyone knew of any crown land in or around Toronto or the GTA strictly for plinking with a small caliber rifle on weekends? I'd love to be able to find somewhere to go with my .22s so I don't always need to to go to a range? I was hoping someone knew of land around the Caledon way. Pretty much anywhere north or west a bit of Toronto and Brampton.
    Sadly, you live in a no-gun-fun part of the province. Best join a club or have a lawyer on speed dial. There are too many people around who have been conditioned by the Red Star (aka Toronto Star) that guns are bad and they immediately call the cops.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Check this: http://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on...A&locale=en-US

Closest crown land to GTA is in the north of Peterborough as far as I can see.

I haven't had much luck. Either get far out of the city or try and befriend a farmer or someone else with land. I've been on a waiting list for my local club for over a year. Good luck!

There's some crownland in GTA and nearby but due to various by-laws, any crownland within an hour or so drive are a definite no-no. I've spent dozens of hours on research, including dozens of phone calls to various officials last year trying to find the answer to this.
    Last edited by stockriderman; 05-18-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Only option in this area is to find and join a club. Yes, there will be a least a year's wait to join if any clubs are still accepting members.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel