Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chinese bolt action rifles

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    Unfortunately, the factory no longer makes rifles in 7.62x39mm.

Your best bet is to grab a Zastava M85 from us if you're looking for a budget bolt gun in 7.62x39mm. Click HERE.

If you want to fire surplus through it, you'll need a stronger firing pin spring. Click HERE.
    My Zastava M85 has zero issues with factory spring. i think it is a case by case scenario.

I bought a 308 zastava once and it came with completely stripped/rounded action screws(hex).

Sharp edges, ugly wood. Everything about it felt cheap as dirt. The CZ was worth every penny.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMango View Post
    My Zastava M85 has zero issues with factory spring. i think it is a case by case scenario.
    We've had numerous complaints about the factory firing pin spring not reliably detonating surplus Berdan primers. My personal M85 actually had this issue. I'm glad you got lucky!
    Canadaammo.com

https://www.canadaammo.com/

Please do not PM me with customer order requests!
    Send these via e-mail to: info@canadaammo.com

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    I bought a 308 zastava once and it came with completely stripped/rounded action screws(hex).

Sharp edges, ugly wood. Everything about it felt cheap as dirt. The CZ was worth every penny.
    Bought a CZ 527 last week, absolutely love it. Really a fantastic rifle, bit pricey, but worth it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMango View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ammo View Post
    We've had numerous complaints about the factory firing pin spring not reliably detonating surplus Berdan primers. My personal M85 actually had this issue. I'm glad you got lucky!
    I bought my Zastava M85 from you (Canada Ammo) about a couple years ago. Throughout those years I only had 2 problems with detonating surplus Berdan primers. I've been shooting Chinese and Russian surplus, Tulammo and Bernaul without a hiccup. IMHO the M85 is better buy than the CZ527 that is about $300 more expensive. The CZ527 doesn't have an adjustable rear sight that the M85 has. The CZ527 costs nearly $900 and has no adjustable rear sight which i find quite preposterous. The M85 accuracy is on par with that for the CZ 527. I'm very happy that I bought the M85 from Canada Ammo when they were still relatively inexpensive and available with iron sights. Now they are being sold without iron sights. Pity.

You're really reaching if you think an adjustable iron sight makes a rifle with known (and substantial) QC issues better than a CZ.

Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    You're really reaching if you think an adjustable iron sight makes a rifle with known (and substantial) QC issues better than a CZ.
    First, I said the M85 was "better buy" for the difference of at least $300 than the CZ527. Never said the M85 was "better" than the CZ527. IMHO the M85 is on par with the CZ527, regarding technical aspects. Second, I've never had any QC issues with my M85. For more or less two years it's been shooting like a dream. Third, yes, adjustable rear iron sights are important for me especially if a rifle costs about $1000 (CZ527). Fourth, I shot both the M85 and CZ527 and I didn't like the latter.
    My $0.02.

How about the NS522? Can you guys bring in something similar in quality at an all round affordable price? The reviews are great on these .22 rimfires but the supply was far below demand that these rifles had.

Personally I've been checking the EE for we'll over a year for one. People don't want to give them up because they are such an accurate rifle. You have the connections to make this happen...any chance??
    If selling on the EE, have the courtesy to reply to inquiries and properly DELETE the thread if sold -
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/924549-How-to-Properly-Edit-Your-EE-Ads-for-Removal

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Mismatch is the new black

It's a beauty!
    If selling on the EE, have the courtesy to reply to inquiries and properly DELETE the thread if sold -
    http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php/924549-How-to-Properly-Edit-Your-EE-Ads-for-Removal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123