Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The MPX 9mm Now In 4.5"-8"-16"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    there was no such "policy" of "dual use" until the whole fiasco with NRM with the SMLE/ M14 mags. The word " dual use" is not even in the firearms act or CC. Its one or the other, you cant be a male and female at the same time, but in their convoluted mind, you can.
    It isn't policy.

"Dual use" is a term to describe the labs new interpretation of the existing law that is unchanged. Dual use isn't in the criminal code. It doesn't have to be because it is a description of what the law says as interpreted by the lab. It is a description of legal opinion, not a legal definition.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Regular
    You could give me a MPX with a 1 round mag and i would be more than happy just to have a MPX so i don't know what all the crying is about with a 5 round limit. Just be happy we get it. Now i need to save

It is as this point we need to consider that if we really want this as a rifle version so we can go NR. or keep it as a pistol and be range toy but have 10 rounds. That will be the deciding factor on mag limit.

IF people really want both option, maybe consider a JR carbine or S2K....way cheaper than this thing.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    MDC any chance of ever getting 10 rounders? This is a deciding factor for me? This is my dream gun because mp5 is not available. But 5 round magazine just kills t it.
    Then give up now, it's not gonna happen. There's nothing MDC can do about it. We need the RCMP/Gov't to reverse this "dual use" policy, which is unlikely while Jr. still heads a majority Liberal government. Maybe if the PCs take over with a majority in the next election, or maybe if a new 'pistol-only' mag is designed and somehow approved, or perhaps if an adapter is created to allow the MPX to accept P226 mags, or if the vendors, shooting associations and/or other interested parties are able to successfully pursue litigation against this 'dual-use' nonsense (along with the 10/22 mags)... IF one of those highly unlikely scenarios comes to fruition, then you'll get 10 round mags. In the meantime, you'll have to live with 5. All you guys asking about this over and over again isn't going to change anything. Perhaps if you wrote your MP and started an e-petition, you might get something going.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Magazines are limited to what they are designed for. While the term "dual use" isn't a legal term, it does describe their opinion of how "intended for by design" is enforced.

If a gun is built as both a pistol and rifle, the magazine will be deemed designed for both. Thus dual purpose in its design.
    Right, like I said...
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

because according to MDC, they will bring a rifle version in. Using the new rcmp policy and trend of making stuff up, they slap the word " dual purpose" on those mags thus making it 5 rounds only.

Now if there were never be a rifle version, this will get 10 rounds.
    But there is, with an FRT to boot. Even if the rifle variant never came to Canada, it still exists, which is enough for this 'dual-use' nonsense to kick-in.

It is as this point we need to consider that if we really want this as a rifle version so we can go NR. or keep it as a pistol and be range toy but have 10 rounds. That will be the deciding factor on mag limit.

IF people really want both option, maybe consider a JR carbine or S2K....way cheaper than this thing.
    There is no "decision" for us to make. Pistol or Rifle, Restricted or Non-restricted, it doesn't matter. There is only one mag and it's designed for both variants and therefore considered 'dual-use'. They will be limited to 5 rounds and 10 rounders will be prohib.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    The effort shouldn't be to get pistol mags. It should be to change magazine laws. Go around the lab through parliament.
    Exactly. All the effort being expended here to repeatedly ask the vendor for prohibited mags they can't get would be much better spent writing MPs, signing petitions, encouraging friends and family to get RPALs and supporting associations like the CSSA and the CCFR.

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    I guess now I know why there is a market for dewats.

For me, it's a constant reminder of silly regulations. It takes some time before you finish 10 rounds. But with 5, why even bother.
    Well, maybe you're that interested in the MPX after all. If it's just for plinking at the range, is there really that big a difference between 5 and 10 rounds? I enjoy shooting my semi-autos with 10 round mags, but also the ones with 9, 8 and even 7 round mags. I also enjoy shooting my 6 and even 5 round revolvers. If you really love and want this this gun, wouldn't it be better to have it, and live with the 5 round mags, than not have it at all? The vendor can't do anything about the mags, so I don't know what is expected to be accomplished here with all this.
    Last edited by Bad Lieutenant; 04-03-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Well, good for you for not giving a damn. As long as you're OK, then who cares about all of those who are "crying"...
    I'm always at a loss for this kind of "f**k you buddy, I'm OK" attitude in the firearms community. Guess what? They'll come after what you care about next...
    Ok, just what do you propose should he do that would show he "gives a damn" and is not somehow screwing you over by simply being happy that he can finally get a firearm that he, and many, many others here have been waiting for. A firearm that is subject to the same regs as all the others, it's not as if this mag limit policy is new and exclusive to the MPX.

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Aside from the attack on, and affront to, fact and rationality-based policing/governance...not to mention civil liberties...many of us are competitors who will be adversely affected by this nonsense coming from the RCMP and Liberal government.
    And let's remember: there is NO rational, fact-based argument for "safety interests" when it comes to these magazine limits. Absolutely none...
    It is yet another example of our national police force and their political masters creating a force that is, more and more, a federal bureaucracy with armed bureaucrats.
    It is abundantly clear that it's "us vs them" as far as the RCMP is concerned. And this is yet another volley in the RCMP's assault on a certain class of the Canadian public.
    And is it any wonder that this attitude exists within a police force that is apparently rife with bullying, abuse, discrimination and harassment among its own members?!

There is no mystery as to why the RCMP's reputation among the Canadian public is at an all time low.
    You have a source to support that?