Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 911121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The MPX 9mm Now In 4.5"-8"-16"

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    It's isn't the rcmp's fault the firearms act was written with so much room for interpretation. The blame lay with the authors who gladly sure back and smile while the rcmp take the hit. The rcmp are bound by duty and law to enforce the law, even if it is bad law.

Change comes with changing the law. Not yelling at the mounties. Change the law, and the problems coming out of the lab opinions of the law go away.
    This. And further more, the problem won't go away as long we have a majority Liberal gov't. The laws are written in way that they allow for interpretation. As long as the current gov't pushes an anti-gun agenda, don't expect anyone at the lab to "interpret" anything in our favour. They care about their job as much as anyone else, and if they rule in our favour enough times, they'll just get replaced with someone who will fall in line with the Liberal's anti-gun agenda. Either we wait until we get another majority PC gov't, or until enough interested parties get together, put in enough money to pursue litigation and hopefully get a favourable court decision.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    Seems rhetorical but I think you're really asking me this...and in all fairness, I think I answered above.
    But yes, I understand how a bill becomes a law and how the judiciary works, and who authors what. This is not the issue.
    Again, the fact that the government of Canada introduced the legislation, in no way, absolves the RCMP in this fiasco. The RCMP are not simply following orders or the "letter of the law" here. They are "interpreting"...inconsistently over time, I might add...to help effect a particular outcome. And those interpretations may very well lead to actions like arrests, charges being laid and Canadians having their liberty taken from them. And for what? Where is the demonstrable harm? As such, I say that the RCMP is an active and willing participant in the assault on lawful Canadian firearms owners.
    And they now have allies in Ottawa. Whereas previously, although far from perfect, at least the CPC tried to keep them in check. Case in point: without the CPC, the RCMP would be rounding up our SKS's and M305's.

But let me be clear: I do not lay the blame solely at the feet of the RCMP (and my anecdotal experience with the Mounties I compete with/against is that they think this is all complete bullsh1t too). I lay it at the feet of our government AND the RCMP, who has taken the baton and is running it down the track with gusto.
    Well said.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

I was pretty clear, I think. It's the apathy that bothers me. And the "crying" bit. My point was not to demand some specific action from him. Not my point...
    Oh, I agree... apathy is one of the biggest hurdles we face. Sometimes I think we actually need a major hit against us, something far worse than the Swiss Green fiasco for this Ruger 25-round mag nonsense, some kind of major limitation on ownership and usage or a massive gun grab, to finally polarize this community into action. Right after apathy, all the bickering and in-fighting among us is a major drag as well. We need change, desperately. Until then, all we can do is continue to encourage people to get RPALs, tell them to encourage their friends and families to get RPALs as well, encourage everyone to join associations like the CSSA and CCFR and, of course, strongly encourage everyone to vote Conservative the next time around. In the meantime, hopefully we can finally get some litigation in our favour.

Yes, there is polling data. QMI was one, I believe. Ipsos too.
    Link(s)...?

I don't disagree. My comment to the other poster was not made casually. I think it's important.
    It seemed, to me at least, that you were jumping on the guy just for being happy that he was able to get a gun he wanted. But, that's just my perception of it, and perception can often be subjective.

Come on, man. I didn't do research before engaging in the back&forth. This is from memory. But I doubt you disagree that public confidence has been greatly shaken in recent history. It's been in the news. And I like I said, polls. There've been some ups and downs, I'll concede that.
    Well, when people post supposedly fact-based comments, it's nice to see that they are actually supported by, well... facts. That was reason why I asked.

I also admit that I don't have positive vibes for the Mounties at the moment...
    It seems that very few on this site have any positive vibes for them these days, but I think some of it is misdirected.

Anyone want to talk about the MPX?

Quote Originally Posted by dot223 View Post
    that would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by pc9 View Post
    that would be nice
    Yes. Apologies for dominating the conversation.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by dot223 View Post
    Sure! What's on your mind?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    Sure! What's on your mind?
    When can I expect mine? Can't wait!
    Cathy

Quote Originally Posted by RC Fan View Post
    When can I expect mine? Can't wait!
    You and me both.
    If I had the coin I would get one for each hand and get my Chuck Norris on