Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW! Vortex/Hornady Bullet Cam : Too good not to post

Haha, well made, very realistic video. A few will bite for sure!

Will definitely shoot those with my long slide plasma gun!
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

Quote Originally Posted by UR2X3M4ME View Post
    Haha, well made, very realistic video. A few will bite for sure!

Will definitely shoot those with my long slide plasma gun!
    I just bought a box of these and it's great! comes with vortex's no questions VIP warranty too.. So I just plucked the bullets out of the berm and returned it to Vortex for another box afterwards!

Date stamp on the "share to social media" video is April 1st, so yeah, good job guys

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubuun View Post
    Ya but does the tip melt?
    why would it melt? its a bullet, ballistic tips dont.

but yeah . april first! i was like wow and then 99$ for ten. ahah

Throw me down for the 00 buck rounds for a multi-angle version!
    Wisdom by Big Ugly Man:

Remember - the toes you step on today may belong to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow!

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    This video may be an April's Fool gag, but the concept is real. About 5 years ago, Darpa, Barrett and Red Digital Cinema partnered up and created a functional proto-type with a micro-sized 96 megapixel wireless cam in a polymer projectile loaded in the .416 cartridge. While the round does indeed spin, the camera films at a rate of over 4 million frames per second. There is special software that captures every frame when the top of the image is at 12 o'clock and pieces together seemingly continuous footage of the round's entire flight path appearing upside-right with no spin. It was designed for military and clandestine use only, with no plans for civilian use for the foreseeable future. The rifle requires a special scope, paired to an equally special spotting scope, and an extremely advanced wireless video receiver and digital recorder. The package was estimated to cost in the neighbourhood of $300,000 (USD), and that's not including the rounds, at about $7,500 (USD) each and, of course, the rifle. It's pretty cool stuff...

http://www.darpa.mil/projects/12-4416BX
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Rumour has it that they are already working on Bullet Cam 2.0 for shotguns. Tiny cameras imbedded in each pellet.
    Use number 10 bird shot and you’ll see what a fly sees when it smacks into your windshield!

Nice one guys!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Elkbooger View Post
    Rumour has it that they are already working on Bullet Cam 2.0 for shotguns. Tiny cameras imbedded in each pellet.
    Use number 10 bird shot and you’ll see what a fly sees when it smacks into your windshield!

Nice one guys!
    That would actually work. Just use cameras instead of pellets.

Hornadys out done DARPA on this one. The camera remains stable while the projectile rotates through some sort of gyro/ball bearing system that the techs at Hornady didn't want to get into. They fixed the melting tip issue pretty quick by selecting a non melting ballistic tip. Amazing stuff for around $10 a round!
    (lin-e-man)
    ONE WHO DOES PRECISION GUESS WORK BASED ON UNRELIABLE DATA PROVIDED BY THOSE OF QUESTIONABLE KNOWLEDGE

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Lieutenant View Post
    This video may be an April's Fool gag, but the concept is real. About 5 years ago, Darpa, Barrett and Red Digital Cinema partnered up and created a functional proto-type with a micro-sized 96 megapixel wireless cam in a polymer projectile loaded in the .416 cartridge. While the round does indeed spin, the camera films at a rate of over 4 million frames per second. There is special software that captures every frame when the top of the image is at 12 o'clock and pieces together seemingly continuous footage of the round's entire flight path appearing upside-right with no spin. It was designed for military and clandestine use only, with no plans for civilian use for the foreseeable future. The rifle requires a special scope, paired to an equally special spotting scope, and an extremely advanced wireless video receiver and digital recorder. The package was estimated to cost in the neighbourhood of $300,000 (USD), and that's not including the rounds, at about $7,500 (USD) each and, of course, the rifle. It's pretty cool stuff...

http://www.darpa.mil/projects/12-4416BX
    So 10 rounds for 99 bucks is pretty competitive then right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12