Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M14 "M305A" 18.6" 7.62x39 (Non-Restricted) has arrived in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    It says 650 , and its just a blogger who caught some info to pass on.Like hearing gas is 50cents a litre from a homeless guy and bitching at Esso because it's 1.40.

"Our neighbors up north in Canada now could buy the Norinco M305, a copy of the American M-14, in the 7.62x39mm AK47 caliber. North Sylva, the Canadian distributor of Norinco arms, listed the new Norinco M305A model for around $650 U.S. dollar retail. Although, we can’t get it in USA due to the ATF importation ban of all Chinese made center-fire firearms. This new Norinco M-14 in 7.62x39mm caliber would have give the Ruger Mini-30 a run for the money."
    Well that's ironic because when I posted that link it said $450usd. North Sylvia was online but never responded and now the article is magically changed to reflect the "canadian msrp"

Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    Well that's ironic because when I posted that link it said $450usd. North Sylvia was online but never responded and now the article is magically changed to reflect the "canadian msrp"
    I've never heard of that blog before, could be they did say 450 and changed it after realizing or being informed it was wrong, but unless its connected to NS, it means they were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Galt View Post
    I've never heard of that blog before, could be they did say 450 and changed it after realizing or being informed it was wrong, but unless its connected to NS, it means they were wrong.
    Fair play, just seems like yet again we're hosed with a novelty tax for being new and non-res. But with no facts to prove otherwise I'll chalk it upto your explanation

Quote Originally Posted by Adam134 View Post
    Fair play, just seems like yet again we're hosed with a novelty tax for being new and non-res. But with no facts to prove otherwise I'll chalk it upto your explanation
    Well it's not really "new"...they took perfectly good Nork M14's that sell for $600 and bubbad them up a bit to shoot x39. That has to cost something...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    eight hundred and how much ???
    nope not touching that with a 10 foot pole, not for that kinda money.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitzy View Post
    Well it's not really "new"...they took perfectly good Nork M14's that sell for $600 and bubbad them up a bit to shoot x39. That has to cost something...
    Yeah, look pretty cool but the more I look it seems a bit cobble together don't it?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    It's pretty well the same rifle we all know in a caliber we all know with a goofy looking to us magazine.

That's all I see.

As I mentioned earlier, demand will set the price. But everything else has gone up. My best opinion is the rate is not proportional to our Canadian dollar.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Any reviews on this? Reliable? More accurate than sks??

CGN Regular
    So the physical size of the x39 rifle is the same as the .308?

BANNED
    Hiding in BC. Send lawyers, guns and money
    Quote Originally Posted by r_taylor View Post
    Sorry, I have repaired enough new Norinco M305's to know there absolutely is quality issues. Brand new rifles coming from the factory missing trigger mechanism and bolt parts, incorrectly cast flash hiders, crooked op-rod guides, incorrectly index barrels, bolt latches that don't hold open, magazines that won't fit, grossly out of spec head-spacing... etc. I could go on.

Unless Norinco has completely revamped their whole QA program, I would certainly look at a VZ52/57 for near the same price or a Mini-30 for a bit more before I would even consider an M305A... my 2 cents.
    My bad, wires got all crossed and ####ered, I meant the mini 30 not handling surplus wasn't a quality issue. Lol I won't argue in the norinco quality, mine had its share of issues. With te alternatives in x39, a nuetered m305 is pretty far down my list too. Rumour has it they brought in some new QC consultants...

Last edited by j_06; 04-10-2017 at 02:50 AM.