Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 578910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M14 "M305A" 18.6" 7.62x39 (Non-Restricted) has arrived in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by D3vin View Post
    So the physical size of the x39 rifle is the same as the .308?
    Correct.

Chrome lined barrel and gas system?
    Originally Posted by Foxer
    Folks - i've said it before and i'll say it again. The battle is everywhere. There ARE no 'safe havens' to flee to. Those who think there are are simply lying to themselves to avoid doing what needs to be done. We all have to dig in wherever we are and fight back hard. We WILL win - but only if we focus on the fight and not the flight.

Hello there,

Can you tryout a saiga ak47 magazine in the rifle it's alot more straighter than the banana magazine. And let us know if the magazine works and take a picture of how it looks if possible . A side by side comparison

Quote Originally Posted by gibbard9 View Post
    Hello there,

Can you tryout a saiga ak47 magazine in the rifle it's alot more straighter than the banana magazine. And let us know if the magazine works and take a picture of how it looks if possible . A side by side comparison
    All AK mags will work with the exception of drum magazines.

Anyone determine yet if or how easy the gas piston can be removed with the bayonet lug located where it is?
    .30 WCF....emptying saddles since 1895.

Yes, I took mine apart the other night. there is a small recess in the back of the bayonet lug that allows just enough space to let the piston out . I will be taking the M14 and my chinese sks out today. Both unfired out of box. Will try and put some kind of a video together for you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by awinchester85 View Post
    Yes, I took mine apart the other night. there is a small recess in the back of the bayonet lug that allows just enough space to let the piston out . I will be taking the M14 and my chinese sks out today. Both unfired out of box. Will try and put some kind of a video together for you guys.
    Thanks!!! You're the man!!!!

10 rnd Krink pistol mags, any chance of getting some in???

How about a non-res M1 carbine in 7.62x25 that accepts Tok mags??? A man can dream....lol

Quote Originally Posted by GTNgo View Post
    Thanks!!! You're the man!!!!
    So I took both my Type 56 SKS and my M14 out yesterday. Both un-fired and un-sighted in. The SKS functioned flawlessly making a nice group a little to the left and up from the bullseye. Using Hornady 123gr SST at 50 paces. Sitting on a tripod camp stool and using a shooting stick. Rainy,no wind.(Same for the M14)

The M14 failed fire the first round and I hand ejected it.. I continued to have problems with cycling. The first group (of 2 rounds) that I did fire were an inch apart at the bottom of the paper off of the circle. I reloaded and gave it a second chance as well as adjusted my hind sight. The next group of 5 just bellow the orange circle. The groupings were virtually the same as my SKS in spacing.The M14 continued to fail to eject spent shells, and was operating more or less like a K31.

Conclusion: The type 56 SKS wins hands down on everything except sight adjustment.(in my opinion.) How ever on the groupings (to be fair) I have had a lot of practice shooting SKS's and this is the first M14 I have ever fired.

LAST PICTURE IS MY FIRST GROUPS, SECOND PICTURE IS MY SECOND GROUP,FIRST PICTURE IS MY 3RD GROUP.. (I think I adjusted my SKS front sight in the wrong direction...will fix next time I'm out.)

Name:  m14grouping.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  51.5 KBName:  2ndgrouping.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  53.0 KBName:  firstshots.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  46.8 KB
    Last edited by awinchester85; 04-18-2017 at 04:03 PM.