Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M14 "M305A" 18.6" 7.62x39 (Non-Restricted) has arrived in Canada

Reliability is the most important aspect of a firearm in my opinion. I would rather have a crappy gun that goes bang every time than a nice looking, accurate gun that jams.

Now when you say it's inaccurate AND unreliable...

Quote Originally Posted by GUB View Post
    Did you have the M-14 scrubbed cleaned and greased??
    I cleaned it right after unboxing.. I am not an M14 nut so it is possible I under or over greased something.. I have watched a few trouble shooting videos for M14s (one called the tilt test..) I'll give that a try. But to be honest... I prefer guns that don't need to be pampered with special lotion in special places. For $800 It should just go bang 5 times.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'd rather get 3 sks for the same price, at least, I'd have spare part at the ready.

Quote Originally Posted by awinchester85 View Post
    I cleaned it right after unboxing.. I am not an M14 nut so it is possible I under or over greased something.. I have watched a few trouble shooting videos for M14s (one called the tilt test..) I'll give that a try. But to be honest... I prefer guns that don't need to be pampered with special lotion in special places. For $800 It should just go bang 5 times.
    You're sure the gas system was turned on, because you can turn off the gas for single shots. Did it cycle at all?
    I love the smell of cosmoline in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Dyspnea View Post
    You're sure the gas system was turned on, because you can turn off the gas for single shots. Did it cycle at all?
    Some times it would cycle , but most of the time not.. How do you turn the gas system on and off?

Some times it would cycle , but most of the time not.. How do you turn the gas system on and off?

http://imgur.com/S7Rtiku

Rotating this part turns it on and off. Vertical is on.

Quote Originally Posted by vinito View Post

http://imgur.com/S7Rtiku

Rotating this part turns it on and off. Vertical is on.
    I see, ya it is on. I have tried a few things.. I am gonna give it another chance this weekend.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Do the gas ports on the barrel and cylinder line up?
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Do the gas ports on the barrel and cylinder line up?
    Yes. I have worked out some kinks in the rifle i noticed with some slight binding in the action where the bolt goes back and forth. It now passes the "tilt test" and everything else looks good. Will see if I have it beat this weekend when I take it out again.

Yes. I have worked out some kinks in the rifle i noticed with some slight binding in the action where the bolt goes back and forth. It now passes the "tilt test" and everything else looks good. Will see if I have it beat this weekend when I take it out again.
    UPDATE : So after doing some light sanding on the serial numbers on the piston (which was causing some drag) and a few hairs of metal, one in the receiver and one in the area where to piston protrudes through to the op rod.. I took the gun out to my range again for a second chance. No jams, flawless cycling, no problems. one quick elevation adjustment after the first group and you can see what happened for your self. I was shooting chinese 123grain FMJ mil-surp. there was a little wind and a fair amount of rain at approx 25 yards. Shot from standing with a shooting stick. My next groups were shot casually and still not bad. Very pleased.Name:  norinco update.jpg
Views: 964
Size:  46.6 KBName:  norinco update2.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  47.6 KB
    Last edited by awinchester85; 05-01-2017 at 05:02 AM.