Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Canadian Forces Load Bearing Harnesses & Surplus Helmets.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Here's a start.

Basic battle load overseas is 10 mags. New vest only has pouches for 4.

Instead of standard molle, they had to be different with a proprietary attachment system.

the rest is personal opinion, and we all know that on CGN that I will likely be wrong according to someone who read it on the internet somewhere.
    UMMM, no... I read on the internet that you are wrong!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    There is a minimum 3 pouches/bags that come with these, size may vary.
    What sizes do you have?

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

Quote Originally Posted by bobdbldr View Post
    What sizes do you have?
    If I had to guess, I'd say C1/C7 mag pouch, C9 pouch and loose ammo pouch
    I wonder when my post count will exceed my IQ

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Better tell that to your local CANEX who sell scores of cadpat items. Not to mention the companies who make and sell cadpat gear.

Moe
    not real cadpat... real cadpat has a chemical IR coating. A few vendors are approved to use the real pattern.... but not the treatment.

all real cadpat/aridpat must be shredded before surplus.

as stated all real deal stuff in stores is stolen or a ####up.

Story with the tac vest.... when the pacurment guys opened up the first crates they were suprised to find it not molly.... apparently some nimrod changed the order before retiring to a gouache civvy job. We paid for molly....

I still use my old webbing for hunting... getting a bit long in the tooth though. The only issue with the system is it is easy to overload the pouch retaining clips and loose a pouch.... solution... zap straps
    Last edited by LordEvilPepper; 04-03-2017 at 01:17 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEvilPepper View Post
    not real cadpat... real cadpat has a chemical IR coating. A few vendors are approved to use the real pattern.... but not the treatment.

Story with the tac vest.... when the pacurment guys opened up the first crates they were suprised to find it not molly.... apparently some nimrod changed the order before retiring to a gouache civvy job. We paid for molly....

I still use my old webbing for hunting... getting a bit long in the tooth though. The only issue with the system is it is easy to overload the pouch retaining clips and loose a pouch.... solution... zap straps
    I'm sure there are retired guys with worn gear/clothing who give away some to friends/family and such.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    If I had to guess, I'd say C1/C7 mag pouch, C9 pouch and loose ammo pouch
    The harnesses are randomly picked so the types will vary. Some have more then 3 pouches, but you are guaranteed to get one with at-least 3 pouches attached.
    Last edited by Frontier Firearms; 04-03-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Ok just guessing here but I imagine the 3-pouches guarantee is just matching the attachment points for the yoke... what's there is a roll of the dice entirely

Is this molle compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Kornerupine View Post
    I'm sure there are retired guys with worn gear/clothing who give away some to friends/family and such.
    Nope.
    All combat clothing, regardless of condition, (had to return all my flying togs) will be returned to supply during the release out routine.
    But you can keep your dress uniforms if you like.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fraserdw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEvilPepper View Post

No, you are wrong. The procurement was correct. When procured, we were supposed to use them in conjunction with ammo clips in separate issued bandilors. The last war, we just got lazy and stop using some of our soldier skills because the enemy had no air sp or tanks.
    Recovering soldier, 34 years. For 34 years I have apparently served a tyranny, the Canadian people have my apologies. Had I only known......

"I enforced the law as written. It was not for me to determine to morality of hostage executions, confiscation of property or the deportations. It was German law and I was a German policeman." Detective Sgt Heorgen, Koln. Trial statement 1947.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast