Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: win 94 clone in 762x25

Ranger Point Precision makes pistol calibre levers based on the Marlin 1894 ..45, 10, 40. About 1300 US plus rifle

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cyclone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post

tube fed bolt action? hehe

It's been done before....
    But there is only one person that I see on CGN as being truly despicable by every ethical and moral standards and worse: to be dangerous to the community itself, and that's Cyclone the subversive.

BANNED
    Would be worried about the Spitzer style bullet in a tube fed rifle, even if it's surplus-hard primers.
    But any style of rifle in 7.62x25 is something we're sorely lacking. Anyone with a tokarev would buy one.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mumbles Marble Mouth's Avatar
    If it's a bolt or lever gun I wouldn't waist my time with one. But an M1 Carbine in 7.62x25 would be interesting enough to consider it.

CGN Regular
    safe to say a lot of interest in a 762x25 rifle/ carbine...

Quote Originally Posted by RPgunguy View Post
    M1 carbine with tokarev mags. Under $400.
    I'd take 2 of these!
    I'm in for 1 at least, maybe 2+.

Maybe a good place to post my current status on an M1 carbine in 7.62 X 25 TOK conversion project:

New chamber is reamed on a test barrel (I did not ream a barrel with .30 carbine chamber already in it).
    TT33 mag fitted into a 15 rd M1 carbine mag body, shimmed and aligned to allow the bolt to clear the lips, but feed the TOK round.
    Bolt face machined out to accept the slightly larger diameter of the TOK brass.
    Dry cycled w/o extractor installed, to check to see for mis-feeds, no problems.

Next step to trim extractor, and dry cycle dummy TOK rounds. Then take to the range.

Plan is to make a 18.6 " Stainless steel barrel sleeved into a USGI gas block, like I make my std N/R barrels.

marlin camp carbine , throw a stainless 7.62x25 barrel on it and new mag well for tok mags. call it a day. O its already 9mm why bother.

I contacted CanAm about an idea similar to this in a bolt gun. A lever gun though? man that sounds like a blast. Love the M1-Carbine using 7.62x25, it would go well with my Tork Pistol for sure.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Manteo97 View Post
    Maybe a good place to post my current status on an M1 carbine in 7.62 X 25 TOK conversion project:

New chamber is reamed on a test barrel (I did not ream a barrel with .30 carbine chamber already in it).
    TT33 mag fitted into a 15 rd M1 carbine mag body, shimmed and aligned to allow the bolt to clear the lips, but feed the TOK round.
    Bolt face machined out to accept the slightly larger diameter of the TOK brass.
    Dry cycled w/o extractor installed, to check to see for mis-feeds, no problems.

Next step to trim extractor, and dry cycle dummy TOK rounds. Then take to the range.

Plan is to make a 18.6 " Stainless steel barrel sleeved into a USGI gas block, like I make my std N/R barrels.
    Neat...
    Some day I'd like a .22spitfire or .17 peewee carbine
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567