Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Quick MV review: the good, the bad, and the Ugly! **update post 99**

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    It doesn't. But.
    I add up:
    - the position of the scope in relation to the stock and assume an average eye relief of such a scope, plus
    - the ammo used, plus
    - comments on below average shooter, rusty shooter, rickety bench, plus
    - remaining comments

And, come to the conclusion this post and thread is worth as much as what I paid for it....
    Well you can take it for what you want Beltfed, the fact that I always respected your opinion will certainly not grant me the same treatment.

As for the scope mount believe it or not I am well aware that it is backwards. As stated it is a borrowed scope and it is from my hunting rig, my RFB and I am not interested in dicking with it more then I need!

As for the ammo used. Turns out falling on unemployment is not the best way to have a grand selection of 223 ammo, I am very sorry about that!

As for me claiming to be an average shooter. Well I much prefer calling myself that then be one of those armchair warrior claiming to be a super sniper!

Rusty well here in N-B the snow remaining on the ground is still counted in foot and it snowed 3 days last week. In N-B you can only target shoot at a range and the range I go to is open in the winter time but you need snowshoes since there is no snow removal.

As for the bench , lets just say I had to wait for my friend to sit down to shoot as the floor is moving.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Rally Guy did you have fun shooting your firearm? That's why we have hobbies eh, don't be discouraged.
    Mismatch is the new black

Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    Rally Guy did you have fun shooting your firearm? That's why we have hobbies eh, don't be discouraged.
    Haha loved it! No worries I was expecting some cases of ATRS/MV/MH haters and haters going to hate

All can be said but does not change the fact that the gun ran 100% and the accuracy has me estatic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer beltfed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Well you can take it for what you want Beltfed, the fact that I always respected your opinion will certainly not grant me the same treatment.

As for the scope mount believe it or not I am well aware that it is backwards. As stated it is a borrowed scope and it is from my hunting rig, my RFB and I am not interested in dicking with it more then I need!

As for the ammo used. Turns out falling on unemployment is not the best way to have a grand selection of 223 ammo, I am very sorry about that!

As for me claiming to be an average shooter. Well I much prefer calling myself that then be one of those armchair warrior claiming to be a super sniper!

Rusty well here in N-B the snow remaining on the ground is still counted in foot and it snowed 3 days last week. In N-B you can only target shoot at a range and the range I go to is open in the winter time but you need snowshoes since there is no snow removal.

As for the bench , lets just say I had to wait for my friend to sit down to shoot as the floor is moving.
    Easy now, try not to take my post as disrespect. Let me clarify:

Scope mount: who cares which way it faces. Unless it has a built in sloped base for long range, it is unlikely to matter.
    Have to admit, my one eyebrow raises when I see a scope set that far back. It tells me the fellow just threw it on for a photo shoot or s/he has an ungodly weird neck crane cheek weld going on to get a sight picture. If it is the later, all the power to you.

The shooting and your group: you didn't post an exhaustive analysis of accuracy and ammo through the rifle; you went out for the day, had fun and posted a photo of a group with basic ammo that gave you a chubby. That's it. All's good in the world. My post wasn't meant to hack on you, your post or the rifle, it was merely pointing out the parameters of the post and this thread.
    Is it telling me the MV sucks balls off a donkey? No. Is it telling me it is meeting or exceeding standards of a certain accuracy? Nope, not that either. Is it telling me you are chuffed with your new gun, without really anything of value technically? yep, that is really it in a nutshell - and you owe neither me or anyone else an explanation, or a refund as it were.

I'm not a hater or fanboy of ATRS. I have and hope to continue supporting their business, and that is about it.
    Life Member CCFR and CSSA
    Posts made by the pseudonym "Beltfed" may not accurately reflect the beliefs and opinions of the Registered User.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    It's a good story about a rifle and its owner. Not a magazine review. The quick group is well under MOA without the flyer which is great, I'm guessing, the eye relief is pretty normal with the stock fully extended. It will shoot. Good work. Keep the reports coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    Easy now, try not to take my post as disrespect. Let me clarify:

Scope mount: who cares which way it faces. Unless it has a built in sloped base for long range, it is unlikely to matter.
    Have to admit, my one eyebrow raises when I see a scope set that far back. It tells me the fellow just threw it on for a photo shoot or s/he has an ungodly weird neck crane cheek weld going on to get a sight picture. If it is the later, all the power to you.

The shooting and your group: you didn't post an exhaustive analysis of accuracy and ammo through the rifle; you went out for the day, had fun and posted a photo of a group with basic ammo that gave you a chubby. That's it. All's good in the world. My post wasn't meant to hack on you, your post or the rifle, it was merely pointing out the parameters of the post and this thread.
    Is it telling me the MV sucks balls off a donkey? No. Is it telling me it is meeting or exceeding standards of a certain accuracy? Nope, not that either. Is it telling me you are chuffed with your new gun, without really anything of value technically? yep, that is really it in a nutshell - and you owe neither me or anyone else an explanation, or a refund as it were.

I'm not a hater or fanboy of ATRS. I have and hope to continue supporting their business, and that is about it.
    I do have one more group that I shot with winchester white box, it is a 9 or 10 round group, it was shot in a hurry and measure in the 3 inches range. All the winchester I shot gouped poorly, worst then what it previously did with my DD, but that is in no way an indication of accuracy as the gun shoots superbly with cheap Rem UMC. I did not do extensive grouping as well It was my first time at the range in a good while so I had other firearms the shoot and zero, I was time limited and ammo limited since the Rem ammo wasn't mine.

The eye relief well it does look a bit funny , it is by no means optimal but like I said it is a lonner scope that was install mearly to function test the rifle and try a couple diffrent ammo and I am not interested in mooving the scope forward in the mount , flip the mount around or partially attache the mount on the rail.

From the little shooting I did and my past experience as a shooter I am well award that this small group I did my not repeat itself every time, but for cheap bulk ammo I am happy that it looks like It could shoot around moa! Its not match grade or hand load so to me it is existing.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    What has bin the best factory ammo to use with the MV

Mine like the pmc 62 gr. and did pretty well with the 60gr. Nosler Varmageddon.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    How about with reloads ?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Just spoke with a customer this morning and he sent us a picture he took. He was using Hornady 75gr Steel Case Match at 100 yrds.
    I've personally never shot this ammo, and regrettably I've just snubbed it off as steel-cased with a fancy box... but.... I'm curious to give it a shot now...

Yes, it's a 3 round group.