Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Quick MV review: the good, the bad, and the Ugly! **update post 99**

Last edited by 6MT; 10-27-2017 at 09:05 PM.

What ammo have you been running?

CGN Regular
    This issue only happens when I insert a fresh mag with the bolt locked open and then push the bolt release button. When I use the charging handle I have no problems. I have never had this issue with other semi auto rifles but I suppose it could be user error.
    Last edited by walterklassen; 04-17-2017 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Spelling

Last edited by 6MT; 10-27-2017 at 09:05 PM.

CGN Regular
    I have the plastic mag that came with the gun as well as two steel mags. Unfortunately Iam not sure which mag I was using when I had the issues.

following
    Last edited by 556tar21; 08-24-2017 at 11:06 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    Well, that handle is non-reciprocating. So it would tend to (for me) lean towards a poor charge. The handle not being pulled all the way back. Maybe released before the handle is all the way to the rear (?).

I have almost 700 rounds in mine. With various types of ammo ranging from 55gr ball factory, to 77gr SMK handloads. Never had a bolt not go fully into battery. I have had fail to feed issues with the ATRS magazines which was quickly solved changing to the metal LAR15's. Besides that, I find your bolt failing to go fully into battery might be an operator issue. Sorry.
    Mine seems to mimick yours. The metal mags seem to function better than most. Never had the charge handle not stay closed though. I might be odd but charge the rifle and manually close the handle. When the mag runs dry the bolt stays open so I simply depress the bolt release just above the mag release and go back to shooting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Ive had only 60 rounds through mine so far, various match ammo and pmc 55gr. Used pmags, IMI mags, IWI, MFT lar mags and metal lar mags with no issues. Soon as i have some free time ill be putting it through the paces!
    |CCFR|

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by walterklassen View Post
    I have the plastic mag that came with the gun as well as two steel mags. Unfortunately Iam not sure which mag I was using when I had the issues.
    Next trip out, try using only one magazine. I'd suggest picking one of the steel ones, and see if it's still happening. Alternatively, if you are local here you're welcome to stop by the shop anytime with it and we can take a quick look at the charge handle. And as Rick said, we are working on a different handle retention system all together.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    Put stickers on your mags and label them, good old masking tape also works fine.
    Mismatch is the new black