Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Quick MV review: the good, the bad, and the Ugly! **update post 99**

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 556tar21 View Post
    ya rare earth magnets. she pops open every other shot. thats really my only criticism great rifles otherwise!!
    We are working on a different charge handle that will solve this completely. It is a weird malady that only seems to effect about 5% of the rifles and we are at a loss as to why most don't but some do, so are solving it once and for all.
    Once the new charge handles are complete and ready to ship we will be posting this on CGN as well as on our website.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by beltfed View Post
    If looking at Grendel, how about 6mmAR?
    Only if it is commonly available as factory ammo. And then only if we are happy with the results and the availability of mags.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We are working on a different charge handle that will solve this completely. It is a weird malady that only seems to effect about 5% of the rifles and we are at a loss as to why most don't but some do, so are solving it once and for all.
    Once the new charge handles are complete and ready to ship we will be posting this on CGN as well as on our website.
    Will you be sending the new handles out to all mv owners are just ones with reported issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Battleworn View Post
    Will you be sending the new handles out to all mv owners are just ones with reported issues?
    We try to keep our record keeping to a minimum. Most guys don't want to have their details retained and we respect that.
    Anyone who wants the upgraded charge handle will get one. We ask to be contacted with a request, once we have these available and will need the serial number of the gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    6.5 Grendel.....
    Mmmmmmmm!
    Yes please, if it works out!

I don't mind when the charging handle pops open, it has no effect on anything it just pops open, I'd rather this minor inconvenience than getting bit by a reciprocating one (my thumb didnt like it very much). Don't get me wrong I'll take an upgrade but I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. Feel free to enlighten me, I'm on here to learn.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    The Grendel is a grate option and a smart move ATRS
    I liked the MH but it was to heavy and to bulky for the way I hunt it was realy fun to shoot and would work packing on a ATV or shooting off shoring sticks but not a rifle to Cary all day well on foot
    A MV is so much more going for it as a hunting rifle if it was in a 6.5
    if ATRS only makes one upper available then the 6.5 Grendel is the way to go for us hunters

The MH I had was from the first Batch with out the magnet and my charge handle never popped open that I notice anyways

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    I don't mind when the charging handle pops open, it has no effect on anything it just pops open, I'd rather this minor inconvenience than getting bit by a reciprocating one (my thumb didnt like it very much). Don't get me wrong I'll take an upgrade but I just don't understand what all the fuss is about. Feel free to enlighten me, I'm on here to learn.
    The problem is that when the charging handle is not locked forward when the bolt is released with a fresh magazine the bolt doesn't lock into battery resulting in a light primer strike. Not the end of the world but it is very annoying.

Last edited by 6MT; 10-27-2017 at 09:06 PM.

CGN Regular
    I have only put about 200 rds thru my gun but I have had it happen 2 or 3 times.