Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stop the UN Firearm Marking! Join Us in Sending 1000+ Letters to Justin Trudeau

Tagged. Crafting letter.

Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    Spell check says accomodate is spelled wrong. I have mine printed off ready to go.

I am sending you this letter to tell you that I, and all law-abiding firearm owners in this great country, stand against the U.N. Firearm marking scheduled to begin on June 1, 2017.

The U.N. firearm marking:

Does absolutely nothing to assist in public safety (why laser engrave all guns with the characters ‘CA-17’ when each firearm already has a unique serial number?)
    Would costs each Canadian firearm distributors millions of dollars in new equipment thereby increasing the consumer price of nearly every firearm by about $200 (according to the Canadian Shooting Sport Association).
    Applies to all ‘guns’ which fire a projectile over 214 feet per second. This outrageous requirement will include even toy guns (airsoft & paintball), along with BB & pellet guns. This engraving requirement will destroy airsoft and paintball sports in Canada.
    Will damage firearms with valuable finishes such as chrome, Cerakote, etc.
    Prevent some firearm manufacturers from continuing to sell in Canada because some firearm frames are too small to accomodate the engraving.
    Will hurt my local firearms businesses and the thousands of others across Canada.
    We Canadians cannot allow this legislation to pass. I am urging you and all members of parliament to cancel the useless U.N. firearm marking system while there’s still time. It is arbitrary, ineffective, and damaging.

Sincerely,
    You are only reminding them why they are doing this and that it will bring them closer to their goal

CGN Regular
    Will send a letter.

Quote Originally Posted by kaos013 View Post
    what I wonder is this has all been known for a long time why is everyone waking up now in the 99th hour.All the organizations and all we pay for are a joke. To start asking to send letters 2-3 months before it takes affect s a joke.Even if someone listened and wanted to help it would be too late, this should have been done a year ago!
    CSSA has been beating this drum for at least the last year now. If a member, read yer email.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

Done.
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123