Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ EVO S1 Scorpion *UPDATE*

Administrator
    We are going to enforce the rules here more stringent here - if members want to talk about another business, do it in the business forum of the other business.

CGN frequent flyer
    For a simple one like me, can you someone please explain why this pistol is restricted to 5 rd mags?

Can we not have a Pistol version and then design a magazine specially for it?

What LAR pistol is to AR-15?

Quote Originally Posted by PaveHammer View Post
    I have a couple of concerns regarding the way the firearms industry in Canada is approaching the importation of restricted and non-restricted firearms. Hear me out on this one.

The CZ Evo S1 is not a gun that I see destined for Non-restricted status. It's a PDW. To put a 18.6" barrel on it would both be unattractive and ridiculous. Now, I fully understand that we want as many non-restricted firearms available in Canada as possible, and that options for NR are always fantastic. HOWEVER, we have a variety of other pistol-calibre NR rifles/carbines that don't look goofy as #### with 18.6" barrels. I shoot predominantly on ranges, so restricted status is not a dealbreaker for me - I understand as well that this may be the case for a lot of Canadians.

My major concern is that when we import firearms like this as rifles and NOT as pistols, we forever lose the opportunity to sell them with 10 round magazines. If they are imported as pistols, putting stocks and longer barrels on them doesn't/can't change their restricted status. This will disqualify any "pistol" SMG/PDW from being reclassified as non-restricted, yes, but with this "rifle" status, we automatically lose 10 round magazines forever, as we've seen recently with the MPX and the "reclassification" of magazines to the 5 rounds under this interpretation of "dual use."

In my opinion, 10 round magazines are more important than a non-restricted variant for guns that look ridiculous in that configuration.

If you want an NR PDW, buy a KRISS. Or a JR Carbine. Or a number of other firearms. Leave the MPX and EVO as restricted, registered as Pistols, so that I can put a stock on it and shoot 10 round mags all day.

Unfortunately, this decision is already made, and the die is cast. These guns will never see 10 round magazines as a result of the reinterpretation by the RCMP on magazines as of late.

It's a shame, in my opinion.
    You're missing the point. As long as a rifle variant exists and shares a common mag, they will always be limited to 5 rounds under the 'dual use' designation. That is, unless we can get that changed. But until then, 'not importing' rifle variants won't change anything. It doesn't matter if none have been brought in, if they exist, then they can be potentually available. And if they already have a rifle FRT, like the Evo does, then forget about it... it's 5 rounds automatically.
    "We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not fvck with us." - Tyler Durden

Boy oh boy. Gotta grab some pop corn and read all of this !

Quote Originally Posted by CGN Admin View Post
    We don't want to intefere and delete comments in the business forum more than we have to, but if anymore cross posting of dealers in each others' forums, and posting anything but own products/businesses we will step in again.
    I knew this was coming. I hope the thread is just locked and not deleted... hate to see all this info lost (and all my typing go to waste ) ibtl
    "We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not fvck with us." - Tyler Durden

somewhere in between Saskatchewan and Ontario
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 has been approved as a restricted firearm. She is classified as a CV (Commercial Version of an SMG) so mags will be pinned to 5 rds . Retail of $1,275.00, our model comes complete with folding stock and two magazines.

We are accepting back orders now with a $250.00 deposit. To place a BO please phone or e-mail Sales@wolverinesupplies.coom Sorry can’t accept BO on our web page.

Dealer pricing is available, dealers please e-mail : Tony@wolverinesupplies.com

You can E-mail us at: sales@wolverineSupplies.com

You can Call us at: 204-748-2454

You can send at letter to: Box 729 , #1 River Valley Road, Virden, MB, R0M 2C0 , Canada

You can send a messenger to : Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384 NE ¼ 5-11-25

The CZ SCORPION EVO 3 A1 is a modern carbine chambered in 9x19 used by security forces and armies around the world. The weapon is characterised by exceptional ergonomics, durability and ease of use. This carbine gun meets requirements for reliable operation in adverse conditions according to both NATO AC 225/D14, and TPVD 637 – 81.

No tools are necessary for routine maintenance disassembly. Low weight and small dimensions use in very confined spaces. Characteristic features of this weapon are a good balance making quick and easy aiming, high accuracy of fire, long service life and high functional reliability under all conditions. The advantages are fully ambidextrous controls and four accessory rails according to MIL-STD-1913 fitted as standard.

Are the ones you are selling here the pistol FRT or the carbine FRT? Reason I ask is because a pistol (handgun) is always a handgun regardless of barrel length, while a carbine can go from restricted to non restricted with a swab of a barrel.

Thanks again for bringing these in and doing the required legwork!

Cheers
    DISCLAIMER

- First “I’ll take it” wins regardless of what dialogue is occurring
    - payment required within 12 HRS unless agreed upon prior
    - all sales on the EE are final so i ask questions before buying
    - all items sold come with 100$ insurance.

The EVO is cheap enough, someone can design and make a lower that takes Glock or LAR-10 mags it still won't break the bank. The lower of a EVO is a small part and looks relatively simple. There is even a design template from all the Glock 9mm AR lowers out there. You may not have bolt open, but whatever!

You have 1000 units already to go. There is a scale to make it worth the effort to design and make such a breast.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The EVO is cheap enough, someone can design and make a lower that takes Glock or LAR-10 mags it still won't break the bank. The lower of a EVO is a small part and looks relatively simple. There is even a design template from all the Glock 9mm AR lowers out there. You may not have bolt open, but whatever!

You have 1000 units already to go. There is a scale to make it worth the effort to design and make such a breast.
    That would be amazing

CGN frequent flyer Familygunnutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post

Most useful post in this whole thread!
    Get some!!! ^^

I read it as explaining their efforts to bring this to market, being transparent about their costs and demonstrating that they are not 'gouging' as accusations in the past week have levelled against another distributor generally. I believe Mr. Wolverine is well-respected in the industry, and he is just being clear about his efforts and costs. I see it as explaining that 1. He is providing products at a fair price and 2. Demonstrating value added services that Wolverine and other distributors provide. Buy where you like.

Living in Edmonton, not likely I'll get the chance to visit Virden, MB anytime soon but hopefully I'll get a chance to meet some of the Wolverine team - seem like a good group of people from the top down and I've been very pleased when I've dealt with them.
    Last edited by CGN Admin; 04-06-2017 at 10:38 AM.