Page 9 of 60 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171929 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ EVO S1 Scorpion *UPDATE*

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    While I agree that the OP may have been better written, I think characterizng it as "whining and complaining" is somewhat disrespectful. There is some very useful information in that post.

And, yes... the other vendor you mentioned is a 'grey market' vendor, but that is not pejorative. It just simply means they aren't an official (authorized) distributor with the manufacturer, or an official dealer with the official distributor.
    No disrespect meant - I like both dealers involved. You're right I went a little overboard with that comment, the post just didn't sit well or was not explained well. There was good information in regards to the CZ, just the whole time I felt like it was subtle bashing to another dealer which I did not like.

Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    For a simple one like me, can you someone please explain why this pistol is restricted to 5 rd mags?

Can we not have a Pistol version and then design a magazine specially for it?

What LAR pistol is to AR-15?
    Again, it's because of the 'dual use' designation. There is both a pistol and rifle variant, each with an FRT, and because they share a common mag, it is limited to the lower round count of 5. Having the 10 rounds mags available means they could be used in the rifle variant, which is prohibited.

Sure, IF a 'pistol use only' 10 round mag was made by... 'someone', and somehow approved, which is unlikely, then you maybe you see them, but they would cost a fortune. But as has been explained, ad nauseum, on all the MPX threads, it's going to be 5 rounds only for now and the forseeable future.

The LAR mags are a specific exemption and one that might not last much longer.

Edit:

Maybe we could have a post that clearly explains this, then have made as a 'sticky' on the "Newbie FAQ" forum? Then we can direct all future inquiries there. I have a feeling there is going to be many more posts asking about this very same thing.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 04-06-2017 at 10:55 AM.
    "We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not fvck with us." - Tyler Durden

You're missing the point. As long as a rifle variant exists and shares a common mag, they will always be limited to 5 rounds under the 'dual use' designation. That is, unless we can get that changed. But until then, 'not importing' rifle variants won't change anything. It doesn't matter if none have been brought in, if they exist, then they can be potentually available. And if they already have a rifle FRT, like the Evo does, then forget about it... it's 5 rounds automatically.
    I wonder if all of our efforts to comply with our Canadian laws (and more importantly policies and regulations which seem to change on a whim), have been somewhat counterproductive. We'd all be better off if our firearms were simpler, logically consistent, and less stringent. We're all (somewhat) satisfied, with our efforts to make the most of the laws we have.

Makes it easy for the hoplophobes to complain about loopholes and for liberals to keep tightening the rules. I guess what I'm saying is do we give legitimacy to our unnecessarily restrictive laws through our efforts?

On a not unrelated note, I bought ammo at Cabela's this week. The cashier asked for my PAL as usual, but for the first time, held it up beside my face, looked at it, looked at me and looked at it again. It was more careful than the checks I get at CBSA in the airport. Anybody had this sort of treatment before? I mean I don't turn 40 till June, and I dropped by to pick up a couple boxes on my way home from the gym but really?
    Last edited by 700-223; 04-06-2017 at 11:11 AM.

I knew this was coming. I hope the thread is just locked and not deleted... hate to see all this info lost (and all my typing go to waste ) ibtl
    Yep. I think we're all walking the line though. Talking about other business models is legit IMO as it affects our hobby and the firearm in question. Just don't mention other vendors by name and avoid being pejorative. Honestly, I'd like to see all the vendors on here make a mint because so many Canadians get their PAL and buy Sig's and CZ's. A guy can dream, can't he?

As far as the Evo, I really like it and that price is pretty damn good. Shame about the mag's being pinned to 5, but we shouldn't have to choose between pistols and rifles only. Some people want a NR plinker and some want a pistol, we should be able to have both and 10 rd mags too, shouldn't we? I mean, we all as PAL holders got run through the computer (again) today to ensure we can still possess firearms. Not sure how a 10 rd mag turns us all into maniacs, but oh well. I hope we get standard capacity mags again some day, but in the meantime wouldn't it be nice if they just standardized them all on 10rds?

Personally, I've always had a bit of a desire for a Sig MCX/MPX, but the price of this CZ is pretty amazing really. Time to sign off, my second cup of coffee is kicking in and I'm filled with joy and optimism lol. It's creepy

Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    The EVO is cheap enough, someone can design and make a lower that takes Glock or LAR-10 mags it still won't break the bank. The lower of a EVO is a small part and looks relatively simple. There is even a design template from all the Glock 9mm AR lowers out there. You may not have bolt open, but whatever!

You have 1000 units already to go. There is a scale to make it worth the effort to design and make such a breast.
    I'm all in favour of building a better 'breast' lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    I wonder if all of our efforts to comply with our Canadian laws (and more importantly policies and regulations which seem to change on a whim), have been somewhat counterproductive. We'd all be better off if our firearms were simpler, logically consistent, and less stringent. We're all (somewhat) satisfied, with our efforts to make the most of the laws we have.

Makes it easy for the hoplophobes to complain about loopholes and for liberals to keep tightening the rules. I guess what I'm saying is do we give legitimacy to our unnecessarily restrictive laws?

On a not unrelated note, I bought ammo at Cabela's this week. The cashier asked for my PAL as usual, but for the first time, held it up beside my face, looked at it, looked at me and looked at it again. It was more careful than the checks I get at CBSA in the airport. Anybody had this sort of treatment before? I mean I don't turn 40 till June, and I dropped by to pick up a couple boxes on my way home from the gym but really?
    Good points, but we will never get the kind of cooperation and cohesiveness we neee among all the end-users in this community, to achieve the kind of simplicity you mention. Heck, even the sponsors here are openly fighting now! There will always be people who 'want what they want' and don't give a rat's ass about the big picture and the collective good. People will always push boundaries and seek loopholes, theyby urging the the anti-gun movement and the Liberal party to try and crack down on said loopholes, and access to firearms in general. And this is licenced people I'm talking about, nevermind the criminals that steal or illegally smuggle in guns that they kill, injure, threaten and rob people with, leading to sensationalized headlines that make our lives harder.

We need change at the gov't level. Changes in the law that are either brought in by a Conservative gov't or forced by a court ruling. Until then, not only will the lab and Libs keep screwing with us, but we will keep screwing ourselves. It's human nature.
    "We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not fvck with us." - Tyler Durden

Thank you Wolverine Supplies for your efforts and dedication to Canadian shooters.

wolverine you are doing great work!!! pre order in!

Quote Originally Posted by 700-223 View Post
    I'm all in favour of building a better 'breast' lol.
    I'm guessing you haven't discovered the "Multi-quote" button on the bottom right?

Quote Originally Posted by NickVR View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't discovered the "Multi-quote" button on the bottom right?
    Oh, I am in favor too 8)

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account