Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 123456789101222 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ EVO S1 Scorpion *UPDATE*

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Pre-order list available?
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Fenceline, your posts are always well written, I suspect you may be an LE officer, certainly well educated, but this "once a handgun always a handgun" puzzles me, is this a regulation (law?) or just another CFC policy? And policy is like that word privilege, a P word that pisses me off!
    Can you make a handgun go from restricted to non restricted?

No.

Can you make a rifle into a handgun and doom it to restricted forever status? Yes.

If selling these without a stock, they are handguns. Much like how they would be considered in the US to avoid the SBR laws down south.

I'm not trying to poke the bear. Simply posing a cautionary set of circumstances that no one wants to see.

Humbly, I would very much suggest that stocks be sold with these and they be registered as commercial versions (of the rifle variety), not handguns.

There are two frt entries. CV and handgun. Hence the worry.

If one wanted to keep it restricted forever it won't matter. You can put a stock on a pistol and nobody cares. But if it were registered as a handgun, adding the 18.5 barrel wouldn't get it into NR status, as once a handgun always one. And all handguns stay restricted.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Master-G's Avatar
    Thanks for your hard work on this--especially the pricing. I really appreciate it and am looking forward to ordering one.

You guys are solid! Quality.
    "Futue te ipsum et caballum tuum." or "F¥c[< you and the horse you road in on"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer heavenIsAlie's Avatar
    Love that these are here, but sadly the 5 round mag kills it for me. Great price as well IMO.
    Protect yourself because no one else here will save you

Very interested. For more than one reason.
    CCFR Member & CSSA Member • “Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.” - HST

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenIsAlie View Post
    Love that these are here, but sadly the 5 round mag kills it for me. Great price as well IMO.
    It's the new way of things. Don't expect anything different for guns of the same receiver type made as rifles and pistols.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    Any plans for NR version please?
    I will sell more stuff to get this but only a NR version, please advise what options will there be.
    If preferred, I am fine to follow up via PM or email or phone.
    I was ready to place an order with CZ for an 18.6 inch barrel model but their salesmen tells me they are not interested in pursuing this. In all honesty the Scorpion is proving so successful that they (CZ) are struggling to keep up with world wide orders and the few 18.6 inched models we would require would not make it cost effective for CZ to interrupt their production. We would have to look at having an after market barrel made up and fitted, this would not be cheap. I would be interested in hearing from any gunsmith who could offer this service.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    John, will the first ones coming in be the 5" barrel version or the extended handguard/ 8" barrel??

I appreciate your dedicated hard work on all on these new toys you bring in for us
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dad003's Avatar
    too Bad cz doesnt went to make a nr model otherwise i would have been interested in that since i dont have a r-pal and dont want to be limited to range only
    »The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.« Thomas Jefferson