Page 7 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: CZ EVO S1 Scorpion *UPDATE*

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 has been approved as a restricted firearm. She is classified as a CV (Commercial Version of an SMG) so mags will be pinned to 5 rds . Retail of $1,275.00, our model comes complete with folding stock and two magazines.

We are accepting back orders now with a $250.00 deposit. To place a BO please phone or e-mail Sales@wolverinesupplies.coom Sorry can’t accept BO on our web page.

Dealer pricing is available, dealers please e-mail : Tony@wolverinesupplies.com

You can E-mail us at: sales@wolverineSupplies.com

You can Call us at: 204-748-2454

You can send at letter to: Box 729 , #1 River Valley Road, Virden, MB, R0M 2C0 , Canada

You can send a messenger to : Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384 NE ¼ 5-11-25

The CZ SCORPION EVO 3 A1 is a modern carbine chambered in 9x19 used by security forces and armies around the world. The weapon is characterised by exceptional ergonomics, durability and ease of use. This carbine gun meets requirements for reliable operation in adverse conditions according to both NATO AC 225/D14, and TPVD 637 – 81.

No tools are necessary for routine maintenance disassembly. Low weight and small dimensions use in very confined spaces. Characteristic features of this weapon are a good balance making quick and easy aiming, high accuracy of fire, long service life and high functional reliability under all conditions. The advantages are fully ambidextrous controls and four accessory rails according to MIL-STD-1913 fitted as standard.

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Yet that cyber space is putting guns in non-cyber hands. Still a thing to deal with considering this is all about cyber space online sales.
    Well, luckily the internet is just a fad. I'm sure it will die out soon, and we and all go back to papar catalogues delivered in the mail, land-line phones with dials and 'bricks and mortar' stores.
    "We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not fvck with us." - Tyler Durden

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    I give you the professional courtesy of not commenting on your page, you might return the same courtesy here, after all we do not want to upset the moderators, do we?. If you feel you need to comment on this post, which was not posted by me, feel free to do so. I do not need to delete it. However you do brag of a huge inventory when in truth you may have access to a huge inventory which is very different from having purchased it and be paying interest on it. The latter way is a very smart way as you incur zero interest fees that give you lower overheads, as I said before I support free enterprise, but I will also stand up for the business that I have built up over 30 years (At least I think it is 30 but it is getting late) and the great team of 20 full time staff that I have built up over that time.
    Oh boy... here we go.

Guys, please... bickering among sponsors/vendors is going to get is nowhere.

And the comment should be deleted. It's inflammatory, disingenuous, ignorant and unnecessary. Bashing a vendor on another vendor's forum is also against CGN policy.
    "We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not fvck with us." - Tyler Durden

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    So in the future will a 18.6 barrel make these NR or not. There's a carbine version and a pistol version with FRTs if I'm not mistaken?
    |CCFR|

DELETED.

This is the free market.. this is free enterprise.. No reason to turn this thread into subtle bashing against another dealer.. and not sure how they qualify as a "Grey Market".
    Last edited by NickVR; 04-06-2017 at 10:34 AM. Reason: Portion deleted as to not offend the OP Dealer

I have a couple of concerns regarding the way the firearms industry in Canada is approaching the importation of restricted and non-restricted firearms. Hear me out on this one.

The CZ Evo S1 is not a gun that I see destined for Non-restricted status. It's a PDW. To put a 18.6" barrel on it would both be unattractive and ridiculous. Now, I fully understand that we want as many non-restricted firearms available in Canada as possible, and that options for NR are always fantastic. HOWEVER, we have a variety of other pistol-calibre NR rifles/carbines that don't look goofy as #### with 18.6" barrels. I shoot predominantly on ranges, so restricted status is not a dealbreaker for me - I understand as well that this may be the case for a lot of Canadians.

My major concern is that when we import firearms like this as rifles and NOT as pistols, we forever lose the opportunity to sell them with 10 round magazines. If they are imported as pistols, putting stocks and longer barrels on them doesn't/can't change their restricted status. This will disqualify any "pistol" SMG/PDW from being reclassified as non-restricted, yes, but with this "rifle" status, we automatically lose 10 round magazines forever, as we've seen recently with the MPX and the "reclassification" of magazines to the 5 rounds under this interpretation of "dual use."

In my opinion, 10 round magazines are more important than a non-restricted variant for guns that look ridiculous in that configuration.

If you want an NR PDW, buy a KRISS. Or a JR Carbine. Or a number of other firearms. Leave the MPX and EVO as restricted, registered as Pistols, so that I can put a stock on it and shoot 10 round mags all day.

Unfortunately, this decision is already made, and the die is cast. These guns will never see 10 round magazines as a result of the reinterpretation by the RCMP on magazines as of late.

It's a shame, in my opinion.
    If it's worth shooting once, it's worth shooting twice.
    LaRue STEALTH Crusader - Gen4 G34
    LARUEMINATI
    tap, rack, click...?

Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    So in the future will a 18.6 barrel make these NR or not. There's a carbine version and a pistol version with FRTs if I'm not mistaken?
    If you buy it with a stock and register it as a restricted short barreled rifle, then later on, if you can find an 18.6" barrel, you can re-barrel the gun and de-register it as non-restricted.

If you buy without a stock and register as a pistol, then you can't change it to an NR later, even with the 18.6" barrel.

CGN Regular
    At IWA CZ told us that we had exclusivity for the EVO 3 and BREN for Canada.
    BREN, you say?...I'm not in the market for any more 9mm carbines/smg...but I am holding out for an ergonomic pistol gripped 223 that isn't a type 97, restricted, or $3,500...I wonder what price point the BREN would hit...

Administrator
    We don't want to intefere and delete comments in the business forum more than we have to, but if anymore cross posting of dealers in each others' forums, and posting anything but own products/businesses we will step in again.

I was ready to place an order with CZ for an 18.6 inch barrel model but their salesmen tells me they are not interested in pursuing this. In all honesty the Scorpion is proving so successful that they (CZ) are struggling to keep up with world wide orders and the few 18.6 inched models we would require would not make it cost effective for CZ to interrupt their production. We would have to look at having an after market barrel made up and fitted, this would not be cheap. I would be interested in hearing from any gunsmith who could offer this service.
    This is the reality of making firearms compliant for a small market like Canada. If manufacturers do it, they want a guaranteed number sold; if distributors buy a guaranteed number, they want to make a reasonable profit on their efforts to convince the manufacturer in 1 to manufacture it, to stock a number as well as parts, and to make a return on the capital they have tied up doing so (which otherwise could have been earning interest etc if otherwise available). And bricks and mortar stores have staff to pay, utility costs, and are the place we all go to see these rifles first hand. The zero inventory, just in time distribution model, cuts item costs for the consumer, but does not deliver everything a full service store and distributor does in my opinion IMO. Manufacturers don't make Canadian variants for free, so not rewarding manufacturers/distributors for their efforts makes it less likely they do so in the future. For me, I value having parts/warranty service/stock in Canada and will pay a reasonable price to support it.

John, appreciate your efforts, I have a couple of items I'm interested in that you don't currently have in stock will email your team to get a price on them this morning. FWIW, I have dealt with you and dealers you supply on XCR's and parts in the past and have been very pleased with your service.