Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: The CZ Scorpion EVO - Order Today!

Metric? Wtf is that?
    “Strong minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, weak minds discuss people.”
    ― Socrates

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Are these being registered as a rifle or pistol. Will you please clarify.
    |CCFR|

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    Are these being registered as a rifle or pistol. Will you please clarify.
    It's up to you whether, whether you get it with a stock or not, and register it as a pistol or SBR.

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Can you make a handgun go from restricted to non restricted?

No.

Can you make a rifle into a handgun and doom it to restricted forever status? Yes.

If selling these without a stock, they are handguns. Much like how they would be considered in the US to avoid the SBR laws down south.

I'm not trying to poke the bear. Simply posing a cautionary set of circumstances that no one wants to see.

Humbly, I would very much suggest that stocks be sold with these and they be registered as commercial versions (of the rifle variety), not handguns.

There are two frt entries. CV and handgun. Hence the worry.

If one wanted to keep it restricted forever it won't matter. You can put a stock on a pistol and nobody cares. But if it were registered as a handgun, adding the 18.5 barrel wouldn't get it into NR status, as once a handgun always one. And all handguns stay restricted.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

That is tempting I like it more than my Kriss Vector SBR.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    It's up to you whether, whether you get it with a stock or not, and register it as a pistol or SBR.
    That's an American law. Completely irrelevant in Canada.

The RCMP lab will decide if it's a handgun or a restricted rifle.

I'm in regardless. More eastern Euro goodness!
    Hi, my name is Mark and I'm a gun-whore.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Patt08's Avatar
    Yeah I would love to hear it exactly, from the horses mouth before I make a decision on this lol. I likely wouldn't ever put a NR barrel on it if the opportunity ever arose. But like many others I like having the option to do so.
    |CCFR|

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    That's an American law. Completely irrelevant in Canada.

The RCMP lab will decide if it's a handgun or a restricted rifle.
    I was just going by what fenceline was saying. (hence why i included the quote). He seems to know his stuff. If you think he's wrong, take it up with him.

If you're referring to my use of "SBR", yes I know it's a designation in the US, i was just using it as shortform for a rifle that is restricted because the barrel is less than 18.5".
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by Patt08 View Post
    Yeah I would love to hear it exactly, from the horses mouth before I make a decision on this lol. I likely wouldn't ever put a NR barrel on it if the opportunity ever arose. But like many others I like having the option to do so.
    Well, if the 'horse's mouth' is Mr. Wolverine, even he seems to go by what fenceline has to say;

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    If sold with no stock they are handguns.. and restricted forever. One should be aware of that should they wish to go the NR route themselves with a custom barrel. How they areally sold and registered is important.

Don't forget the stock folks, and registration as a rifle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Fenceline, your posts are always well written, I suspect you may be an LE officer, certainly well educated, but this "once a handgun always a handgun" puzzles me, is this a regulation (law?) or just another CFC policy? And policy is like that word privilege, a P word that pisses me off!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Recce21's Avatar
    Standing with Wolverine on the anti Grey Market vendors. Bottom feeders.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast