Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: The CZ Scorpion EVO - Order Today!

I'm in, couldn't resist!
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2582
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2576
    https://petitions.ourcommons.ca/en/P...etition=e-2574

Any updates on the Evo? ETA?
    An armed individual is a citizen, an unarmed individual is a subject. Gun control is not about controlling guns, it’s about controlling those who use the guns.

Update please !!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Onagoth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post

For the last 10 days (since FRT issue) I have been “debating” with CZ about Canadian pricing! We were expected (by CZ) to retail her higher than in the US. I was not going to agree to that as I would be setting ourselves up for accusations of having a monopoly and then gouging customers. At IWA CZ told us that we had exclusivity for the EVO 3 and BREN for Canada, partly due to the fact we had guided CZ through the Canadian approval process and Wolverine has always had their special projects right from the first Scorpion (.380 ACP) and the CZ 858 and CZ 958 which again we assisted with the development of.

For simplicity all prices below are in US dollars.
    Normally I would never quote our costs but after the events of the last week or so I feel it is time to set the record straight, as the vast majority of Canadian importers and distributors are not “screwing their Canadian customers.” Initially we were quoted by CZ, a cost of $659 US FOB the factory so I estimated a landed cost of $694. Checking a very vocal Grey Market importer’s web site they had a retail of $803, now remember this includes the US 11% FET so less tax their retail was $715. So they were retailing at $21 over my cost and I need to offer at least a 20% discount to Canadian dealers. CZ were directing me to retail in Canada for $950 + as the Scorpion was quote “A US model”! The maths simply didn’t add up. The daily exchange of e-mails between myself and CZ have, at least on my part, been extremely restrained.

Now we have a Grey Market dealer moving in on the market! I have no choice but to announce our pricing. Remember the above prices are for a Scorpion with no stock, our cost for the stock is $100. CZ have told us they are not interested in making a 18.6 inch barrel for the Canadian market. We are stilling talking to CZ about pinning mags to 5 rds and what that cost may be.
    wow....so CZ pretty much is sharing a brain with Sig when it comes to their view of the Canadian consumer?

I'm I the only one who read this and thinks CZ deserves a giant FU? Like....Canadian's should pay more simply because something is a US model? What kind of bull#### is that?

I'm glad Wolverine took a stand on this, not that I really ever much doubted Wolverine's integrity as a business.....but why is it gun manufacturers think so little of Canadian retail shoppers?
    Last edited by Onagoth; 05-05-2017 at 03:33 PM.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

CGN Ultra frequent flyer st1264's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onagoth View Post
    wow....so CZ pretty much is sharing a brain with Sig when it comes to their view of the Canadian consumer?

I'm I the only one who read this and thinks CZ deserves a giant FU? Like....Canadian's should pay more simply because something is a US model? What kind of bull#### is that?

I'm glad Wolverine took a stand on this, not that I really ever much doubted Wolverine's integrity as a business.....but why is it gun manufacturers think so little of Canadian retailers?
    Canada really is a tiny market when you think about it, on a global scale - it's difficult to ask a manufacturer to cater to one country's rules. People will still buy these in Restricted form as they're cool as hell.

Any FDE version coming in the future???

Now that it is May, do you still expect to see them this month?

Quote Originally Posted by cwblackwell88 View Post
    Now that it is May, do you still expect to see them this month?
    The last word is that they should be here in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    June would be nice and hope the sig comes in too

CGN frequent flyer
    More time to save some more cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post