Thread: Retail Store Closing Down.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar

Retail Store Closing Down.

After 12 years in our Prince Albert store front location, we have decided to close down the retail store. Our plans are to move north of a city to a new warehouse located on highway #2 north this fall.

For our local traffic, we will be reverting to appointments to pick up purchases. For our mail order customers, nothing will change. We have a number of items that we carried through the store front over the years, and online that we do not intend to take with us or carry again.

These discounted items can be viewed under this link.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Sucks to hear any part of the operation is closing down, but its nice to hear that you'll still be around. Its also nice to hear you do local pickup by appointment, thats something a lot of online retailers don't do and is a real shame for the local boys who get shafted with shipping across town.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN frequent flyer
    Glad to hear you'll be continuing in business. As a mail order client I won't miss your storefront, but I would miss you if you closed altogether.

Good luck.

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Well I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you're still in the business! So is the store-front closed as of now? Or is it open until a certain date?

If it's still open I'll be out next week to grab a few items, mostly cool surplus stuff you guys have! I've just wanted to check some of it out in person.

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    For years my brothers and I said we were going for a road trip to Prince Albert to check out the store, and I figured this would be the summer.
    We snoozed, we loozed.
    (Glad to hear you guys are still in operation, though.)
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    For years my brothers and I said we were going for a road trip to Prince Albert to check out the store, and I figured this would be the summer.
    We snoozed, we loozed.
    (Glad to hear you guys are still in operation, though.)
    Being in a city of 38K people, our local sales are only about 10% of our mail order. Over the years we have decreased our gun displays in the store. We notice a 80/20 scenario for in store sales. 20% of the people do 80% of the purchases. The other 80% contribute to 20% of in store sales.

We tend to get allot of retired people come through to visit and it makes it very difficult to visit and take care of orders. We don't consider ourselves anti social, however priority has to be given to people who have paid for their orders. Also having a store in a city that is home to 3 jails & 1 Federal Penitentiary, always keeps you a bit on the edge and there is always a minimum staff level just for this.

The store front should be open until about mid August, after that our new warehouse should be ready to move into. At that point if anyone is coming up our way to purchase, we will just need a half hours notice.