Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you do with your paperwork?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondhaynes View Post
    Garbage. I'm a rebel
    Easy for you to say, but I for one, am too cute for jail!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Make copies. 1 for home. 1 for range bag, 1 for each vehicle. then get them all laminated.

You will never be caught without having that part of the paperwork with you
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rayzorloo View Post
    ...So I see most people don't keep it in the locked case in case they have to produce it to a LEO then?
    Mine are inside a ziplock bag that's taped to the inside of the gun case under the foam. ATT in there too. Two years later haven't opened the bag...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by rayzorloo View Post
    ...So I see most people don't keep it in the locked case in case they have to produce it to a LEO then?
    One of the great myths of CGN

There is no law that prevents you from opening a gun case to produce something at the direction of a police officer. In fact there is a law that says it is legal.

Person acting at direction of public officer

(10) A person who commits an act or omission that would otherwise constitute an offence is justified in committing it if

(a) a public officer directs him or her to commit that act or omission and the person believes on reasonable grounds that the public officer has the authority to give that direction; and
    (b) he or she believes on reasonable grounds that the commission of that act or omission is for the purpose of assisting the public officer in the public officer’s law enforcement duties.
    http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...+direct#s-25.1

Copies with the serial number barcode stick on the back, laminate and attached with membership card ... the barcode is for fast register at the club (Québec)

Anyone put pdf copies on their phone? If requested by an officer would this be adequate or better just to print paper copies and take them every time?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    One of the great myths of CGN

There is no law that prevents you from opening a gun case to produce something at the direction of a police officer. In fact there is a law that says it is legal.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/a...+direct#s-25.1
    I have refused to open cases at a game check. It goes quite well. I ask if the officer will accompany me to the Police station or range where we can verify all information in a controlled environment. I had an officer give me grief once, mumbling about being charged with obstruction. I politely informed the officer that I was not committing an act of obstruction by requesting the verification be done under controlled environment.

Of course, you need your head on straight, and be polite, yet firm. It is not an unreasonable request. If a CFO was present, that would change the dynamic to be sure. But a Peace officer is not a CFO.

YMMV
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Quote Originally Posted by Got Juice? View Post
    I have refused to open cases at a game check. It goes quite well. I ask if the officer will accompany me to the Police station or range where we can verify all information in a controlled environment. I had an officer give me grief once, mumbling about being charged with obstruction. I politely informed the officer that I was not committing an act of obstruction by requesting the verification be done under controlled environment.

Of course, you need your head on straight, and be polite, yet firm. It is not an unreasonable request. If a CFO was present, that would change the dynamic to be sure. But a Peace officer is not a CFO.

YMMV
    You can ask to do anything you want and the police officer can do it or not. It does not change the fact that opening the case is not against the law and the it does not need to be the CFO to check you paper work.

Shawn

CGN frequent flyer
    I have a small binder in a nylon case (Mini JR General Kit). Registration certificates are on an info page that has a picture of the firearm and some general info such as caliber, type of optics, etc. The binder has a section for firearms, range memberships, out of province ATTs and some special bulletins and info I choose to carry. Everything is scanned into an electronic copy as well which is stored away from my house. I have info sheets for all my non-restricted but don't carry them in the binder. The info sheets are also part of my proof of ownership in case I have to make insurance claim in the event of a disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by armycat View Post
    I have a small binder in a nylon case (Mini JR General Kit). Registration certificates are on an info page that has a picture of the firearm and some general info such as caliber, type of optics, etc. The binder has a section for firearms, range memberships, out of province ATTs and some special bulletins and info I choose to carry. Everything is scanned into an electronic copy as well which is stored away from my house. I have info sheets for all my non-restricted but don't carry them in the binder. The info sheets are also part of my proof of ownership in case I have to make insurance claim in the event of a disaster.
    Can I get you to organize my stuff? Never seem to get around to doing all this. Do have scanned copies of everything.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast