Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What do you do with your paperwork?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Can I get you to organize my stuff? Never seem to get around to doing all this. Do have scanned copies of everything.
    I was just discussing this with the wife. I'm trying to convince her to organize it all and take the pictures etc.
    Shooter1of38 Imagine what it would be like to have two dicks.....

It's kind of like that.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Can I get you to organize my stuff? Never seem to get around to doing all this. Do have scanned copies of everything.
    Yes, I have scanned copies kept on a disc stored outside of my house. The disc has electronics, investment info, jewelry appraisals,scans of passports, etc. An acquaintance of mine lost everything he owned in a house fire and dealing with the insurance was a nightmare. Just trying to remember what you have in your house would be a nightmare. He had a large CD and DVD collection and was told after the fact that if he had video taped his entire house including CDs and DVDs it would have been much easier to settle the claim. He's done that now and keeps the video in a safety deposit box. I also read recently that photos of jewelry should be taken while wearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Mine are inside a ziplock bag that's taped to the inside of the gun case under the foam. ATT in there too. Two years later haven't opened the bag...
    Same except for the ATT but I do have a copy of the RCMP's site article that says you don't need ATT's anymore. Even if I wanted one the CFO told me they don't issue them anymore

Mine is on Microsoft One Note. stays on my phone / computer. Originals stay @ HOME.

CGN frequent flyer
    I scan the original copies, make printed copies. The originals are kept safe, the copies are in my range bag and in the car glove compartment. I used to keep copies in the pelican cases but that meant opening up the transport case if a LEO asked for the registration, so I placed it in the glove compartment and range bag outside pouch.

What is the paranoia about opening a case if asked to? Seems to me a reasonable request and you would not be breaking any laws if asked to do so.

If the reg certificate is outside the case how does anybody verify that it belongs with the firearm inside the locked case?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Originals stay in my large ziplock containing
    - my restricted and nonrestricted course reports (originals)
    - PAL acknowledge letter
    - Pistol Certificates (Originals)
    *I also keep my hunting paperwork here between hunts

Copies
    - in each pistol case that the pistol transfers in/lives in. ( i just lock up the cases in the locker as its easier to pick up and go)

Good idea to carry laminated copies in your wallet in case you somehow forget something, I will need to look into this

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Rehash from 2017 !

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234