Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Big Horn Armory Model 89 NOW AVAILABLE!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    With my H&R 500 S&W over the P35 it punch just north of 2000 fps with 400 gr Winchester, it's a monster of power... JP.

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Flaherty's View Post
    I'm sure we wouldn't be the only ones interested in the results, post it back here when you do!
    Ok here are my results. I used my Lab Radar unit which missed a lot of my shots for some odd reason but I did capture this - Fusion 325gr box says muzzle velocity 1450fps, measured 1835fps, Hornady Custom 500gr fp XTP box says 1425fps, measured 2099fps. Like I said, my Doppler was acting a bit out of sorts so I’ll do the test again on the 500gr Hornady rounds because that seems crazy good. I hope it’s right though because the rifle will shoot that round lights out.

^^^ Mega?? How was the recoil? Bit of a kick I would bet?

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny88 View Post
    ^^^ Mega?? How was the recoil? Bit of a kick I would bet?
    Let me tell ya that while I was sighting it in off the bench, I might hav given myself a slight concussion lol. Not pleasant off the bench. After that though I’ve been practicing standing shots at 100 yards and you don’t even notice the recoil. I’m very impressed too at how natural it is to shoot standing unsupported. I have one with the basic semi ghost sights and another with a picatinny rail and a T1 mounted. I can consistently put my first two shots in the middle of my gong and within splatter marks of each other. After the first two shots it’s tougher as I seem to fatigue - getting old lol.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by megahurts View Post
    Ok here are my results. I used my Lab Radar unit which missed a lot of my shots for some odd reason but I did capture this - Fusion 325gr box says muzzle velocity 1450fps, measured 1835fps, Hornady Custom 500gr fp XTP box says 1425fps, measured 2099fps. Like I said, my Doppler was acting a bit out of sorts so I’ll do the test again on the 500gr Hornady rounds because that seems crazy good. I hope it’s right though because the rifle will shoot that round lights out.
    500 grains @ 2100fps, that is some full power .500 ammo right there. Impressive velocity out of the rifle for sure.
    I thought a .45-70 shooting 300 grain bullets at 2100 kicked, this sounds like another matter altogether!
    Wish I had the coin lying around. I'd get one in a heartbeat.

CGN frequent flyer
    The obvious other advantages are overall length of gun, and shorter potential lever throw.

I wish someone would do something with the 50 Alaskan in Canada. Been looking for one, or even thinking of doing the conversion, but the stuff to do it is not heavy on the ground. Someone like Chiappa could throw one out in the 1886, and it would be an instant Africa gun. 45-70 isn't in the respect column like the 50 alaskan. You can kill the largest game, but it isn't in the stopper class. No surprise there the 50 was built from the base up to beat the 45-70.

Supporting Dealer Al Flaherty's's Avatar
    2066 Dufferin Street, Toronto, Ontario, M6E3R6
    Restock!
    Team Al Flaherty's
    www.alflahertys.com
    info@alflahertys.com
    416-651-6436
    Toll free 1-888-651-6436
    Follow us on Twitter @Al Flaherty's
    Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/al_flahertys/

CGN Regular
    any pictures of the ones you just got in?

Tagging for interest. Are there more inbound in the future?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    500 grain lead at 2100fps you need to check that again cuz that is crazy. I’d like to carry that for defence in a short lever gun. Wow!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast