Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CZ Scorpion EVO 3 S1 FRT #'s

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    Off topic...but is the reason lots of guys ask the same questions due to using "smart" phones and can't bother to scroll up? Or just can't read? As a retailer WS must be pulling their hair out...even I get frustrated reading the same things over and over and over again...rant off...WS, feel free to delete this...I just needed to get it out...
    μολὼν λαβέ

^^ I agree. People are just lazy or blind.

I've read four different threads and getting the legal speek but not a direct answer. Understand the mag issue but I'm specifically looking for rebarreling options. So to be clear:

The Pistol version (the one WS is bringing in now) can never be reclassified as NR by adding a 18.6" barrel, correct?

The Carbine version (unknown if we will ever see one) comes with a 16" barrel and can be reclassified to NR if someone can make a 18.6" barrel.

Or do have a choice in which version we get by the addition of the stock or is it just a pistol and we are SOL for NR status in the future?

I've read conflicting answers from these threads. Not trying to frustrate anyone, I just need a clear "yes these Scorpions can be lengthened and reclassified to NR by the addition of an 18.6" barrel, or no they cannot until the Carbine version is eventually brought in"

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brordo View Post
    Off topic...but is the reason lots of guys ask the same questions due to using "smart" phones and can't bother to scroll up? Or just can't read? As a retailer WS must be pulling their hair out...even I get frustrated reading the same things over and over and over again...rant off...WS, feel free to delete this...I just needed to get it out...
    Agree 100%. I suggested just the other day that they create a closed, sticky OP that explains how these are restricted and limited to 5 rounds and why. Then put a link at the beginning of every thread they create on the subject (Wolverine now has 3 Evo threads) and also point people to that link every time they ask these questions about mags, mag limits, NR vs R and why, barrel lengths, stocks, converting among classes, etc., etc., etc. The same question being asked over and over and over... really drags a thread down.

I've noted that 'fenceline' has been answering many of these questions and seems to be very knowledgeable on the subject. Maybe he could accommodate Wolverine, and the rest of us, and create the OP? Then the vendor or a mod can close it and make it a sticky.
    Last edited by Bad Lieutenant; 04-07-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

CGN frequent flyer warrenlikesboats's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brordo View Post
    Well when the first news was released, Wolverine was simply saying they were Restricted..... No mention of by barrel length which is what most people want to know.
    Then it doesn't help when u scroll through the comments and start reading sh!t like " once a handgun, always a handgun". And people rambling on about 5rnd mags versus 10rnds and comparing it too the MPX mags classification.... Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by warrenlikesboats View Post
    Well when the first news was released, Wolverine was simply saying they were Restricted..... No mention of by barrel length which is what most people want to know.
    Then it doesn't help when u scroll through the comments and start reading sh!t like " once a handgun, always a handgun". And people rambling on about 5rnd mags versus 10rnds and comparing it too the MPX mags classification.... Etc.
    My point exactly. Just need clarification as I may want to unrestrict it in the future. Or at least have the option.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brordo's Avatar
    You should already know the answer...all are pistols at this point (so no NR)...check out post #27 in this thread https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...VO-S1-Scorpion. Alludes to him needing to place an order for 250 carbines (which would still be restricted initially). But why not send them an email directly and posting their reply? That way your post doesn't get lost in the ton of other repeats...
    μολὼν λαβέ

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warrenlikesboats View Post
    If you want clear, and correct, answers about this item, you should contact the vendor directly. Surely you don't expect to find such answers on a nice, short, concise CGN thread?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

To bad I have to cancel my order then. I want carbine as I want to have option to make it NR.

I didn't want to burden WS but likely will. But I'm pretty clear now.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast