Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Norinco M305A 7.62x39 wood stock and Short SKSD mag works!

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    Thanks guys. I received my M305A a couple of days ago well packed in 'boil in the bag' plastic, full of healthy eastern oils. I disassembled, cleaned, replaced the shipping oil and added a good quality grease to the relevant parts; and spent most of yesterday feeding her a varied diet of brass and steel cased ammo. While Norinco rough, it performed without issue and is shockingly accurate, IF you have realistic expectations. Heavy rifle plus an intermediate cartridge equals plenty of comfortable shooting. The AK mags are really heavy, so I'm very grateful that as Canadian shooters we don't have to fill them full of ammo as this would make them even heavier and inconvenient to carry...
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by TFunfer View Post
    Looks nice. Might need to add one to the collection.
    Do these rifles have a proper barrel for 7.62x39? There has been some speculation that it is just a .308 barrel with a chamber insert.
    what he said ...................

Also curious about the bore of the barrel. Curious too about what parts are interchangeable with the M305/M14/M1A? Obviously the stock is, but what else?

How much of a pita is it to clean after corrosive? Any little areas that you are worried about that are hard to get to?

CGN frequent flyer
    So how does it compare with SKS?

Gonna wait out for the type 81..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Johnyy's Avatar
    Like- ...countin' the pennies.

Uber Super GunNutz Journeyman.ca's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ice2152 View Post
    How much of a pita is it to clean after corrosive? Any little areas that you are worried about that are hard to get to?
    Quote Originally Posted by chicu1981 View Post
    So how does it compare with SKS?
    Though not difficult to do the M305A is far more complicated than an SKS to take down and clean. The bolt, trigger group and muzzle assembly, even the rear sight assembly are more complex than an SKS. I personally would NOT shoot corrosive ammo unless I had no choice and a fair amount of time after to clean it. There are plenty of nooks, crannies, and closely fitting parts where corrosive salts could collect. That being said, time and
    convenience is relative and one person's PITA is another person's hobby. As always the solution is to buy both....and a Type 81.
    I support CGN, CSSA (Life), CCFR (Life), Canadian Retailers and Manufacturers. Advocate for your rights in Ottawa and stand against emotional legislation.

CGN frequent flyer Hightrailtracker's Avatar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    how s the barrel indexing? can anyone upload a photo for the chamber ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast