Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stop the UN Firearm Marking! Join Us in Sending 1000+ Letters to Justin Trudeau

Business member DominionOutdoors's Avatar

Stop the UN Firearm Marking! Join Us in Sending 1000+ Letters to Justin Trudeau

IMPORTANT: There are new U.N. Firearm Marking standards that the government is planning to implement on June 1. It will be very bad for us law-abiding gun owners. Gun prices will increase significantly if this happens. We are asking 1,000 Canadians to send a letter to their M.P. and to Mr. Trudeau on Monday April 17. Let's flood the Prime Minister's office with our objection. We started a website for this campaign called STOP U.N. MARKING. PLEASE sign your name and send the letters. Join us! We consider this a duty of all law-abiding firearm owners.

www.stopunmarking.ca

204-325-4110
    dominionoutdoors.ca
    store@dominionoutdoors.ca
    Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mike112288's Avatar
    It is a nasty useless move to bring the u.n markings into play. Just trying to choke the gun owners more and more to get their way by doing this

Quote Originally Posted by Mike112288 View Post
    It is a nasty useless move to bring the u.n markings into play. Just trying to choke the gun owners more and more to get their way by doing this
    Not only does this affect us with our firearms, this affects all "barrelled firearms" (214+ fps), including pellet/bb, air-soft and paintball guns. It's definitely useless applying a redundant mark to all firearms when they all have unique serial numbers already.

204-325-4110
    dominionoutdoors.ca

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by DominionOutdoors View Post
    Not only does this affect us with our firearms, this affects all "barrelled firearms" (214+ fps), including pellet/bb, air-soft and paintball guns. It's definitely useless applying a redundant mark to all firearms when they all have unique serial numbers already.
    paintball guns WTF. so ? do i have to submit my current guns for this or only new ones coming in??? if its ones coming in its even more useless.

Quote Originally Posted by GT_Hawk View Post
    paintball guns WTF. so ? do i have to submit my current guns for this or only new ones coming in??? if its ones coming in its even more useless.
    Just new guns being imported into Canada will have to get this mark. At speculated costs of $50-200 a gun this will be devastating to the pellet/air-soft/paintball gun market in Canada.

204-325-4110
    dominionoutdoors.ca

Quote Originally Posted by DominionOutdoors View Post
    Just new guns being imported into Canada will have to get this mark. At speculated costs of $50-200 a gun this will be devastating to the pellet/air-soft/paintball gun market in Canada.
    What.. didn't realize that as well... this is crazy

what I wonder is this has all been known for a long time why is everyone waking up now in the 99th hour.All the organizations and all we pay for are a joke. To start asking to send letters 2-3 months before it takes affect s a joke.Even if someone listened and wanted to help it would be too late, this should have been done a year ago!

Honest question here: why would it cost so much to put some markings on a gun. The us has been doing import markings for a while and it doesn't affect their pricing. Or is there something different about these markings like laser holograms or something lol

couple of background articles for you re cost of the markings; one recent article, and another one with similar information from two years ago (2015) before the Harper government punted the implementation forward. But in a nutshell: special equipment is required for doing the markings, and the markings will most likely have to be applied once the firearms have arrived in Canada. Then each individual firearm needs to be unpacked, marked, and repacked. After the initial equipment cost for the marking machine, labour will form the biggest part.
    https://www.ammoland.com/2016/09/u-n...firearm-owner/
    http://calibremag.ca/ground-zero-part-1/

Mr Wolverine started a thread here last month, you may want to read at least his post on page one of this thread:
    https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ng-regulations

CGN Regular
    Spell check says accomodate is spelled wrong. I have mine printed off ready to go.

I am sending you this letter to tell you that I, and all law-abiding firearm owners in this great country, stand against the U.N. Firearm marking scheduled to begin on June 1, 2017.

The U.N. firearm marking:

Does absolutely nothing to assist in public safety (why laser engrave all guns with the characters ‘CA-17’ when each firearm already has a unique serial number?)
    Would costs each Canadian firearm distributors millions of dollars in new equipment thereby increasing the consumer price of nearly every firearm by about $200 (according to the Canadian Shooting Sport Association).
    Applies to all ‘guns’ which fire a projectile over 214 feet per second. This outrageous requirement will include even toy guns (airsoft & paintball), along with BB & pellet guns. This engraving requirement will destroy airsoft and paintball sports in Canada.
    Will damage firearms with valuable finishes such as chrome, Cerakote, etc.
    Prevent some firearm manufacturers from continuing to sell in Canada because some firearm frames are too small to accomodate the engraving.
    Will hurt my local firearms businesses and the thousands of others across Canada.
    We Canadians cannot allow this legislation to pass. I am urging you and all members of parliament to cancel the useless U.N. firearm marking system while there’s still time. It is arbitrary, ineffective, and damaging.

Sincerely,
    Last edited by keitha; 04-05-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast