Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sending in range membership prior to purchase

in nova scotia they ask to see your club membership, they have been doing this for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by Globalstar66 View Post
    I am in Alberta, and I had to email PROOF of membership to the CFO. And then it took 10 days for the transfer. This was 4 weeks ago.
    Was this your first restricted? I've done 7 transfers this year so far and have never been asked for a scan by the AB CFO. Odd.

CGN frequent flyer
    In Ontario, stores asks for it but from what I know, ON CFO doesn't ask for it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deathrawt's Avatar
    I'm in Alberta and was sent a letter requesting whether I was a collector or target shooter after applying for a restricted. They asked for proof of membership if target shooting and something about a form if I am a collector?
    I faxed them my range membership info and this is my first restricted purchase. Hopefully future ones are less problematic
    Haven't heard yet if they approved the transfer I've been told the first one takes awhile

in a 905 county that prohibits Sunday hunting with guns. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    Quote Originally Posted by roadcarver View Post
    In Ontario, stores asks for it but from what I know, ON CFO doesn't ask for it.
    I concur with the above.
    "Totally incompetent blowhard, an idiot and a fool." - Detective John Corey describing what could only be Dear Leader or maybe the Kommissar for Public Safety. You decide.

I made a purchase from one of the site sponsors on the Thursday before the Good Friday holiday. Since Easter Monday was a holiday too, I emailed the store for the Transfer Reference Number on the Tuesday after the holiday. Wednesday morning I emailed the NS CFO with the Reference number and a scan of my Club card. A couple of hours later, I received an email back from the CFO saying they updated my file and that my transfer was approved. Normally they say to expect 5-7 days for a transfer. The only real problem is that in Nova Scotia, the CFO will NOT email out the Transfer Approval -snail mail only. None the less I had the paper in hand that Friday morning. All in all, I was very pleased with both the CFO's response time and the Store for getting my purchase out as quick as they could after that.

CGN frequent flyer
    We are fortunate enough in ON that the transfer approval gets mailed to us. However, I think the registration certificate is still snail mailed for every province. In the age of internet, one would think that they would electronically send it to you.

It would be a good update if the system allowed you to view your certs online - similar to what banks do for RRSP receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by donaldrstewart View Post
    I made a purchase from one of the site sponsors on the Thursday before the Good Friday holiday. Since Easter Monday was a holiday too, I emailed the store for the Transfer Reference Number on the Tuesday after the holiday. Wednesday morning I emailed the NS CFO with the Reference number and a scan of my Club card. A couple of hours later, I received an email back from the CFO saying they updated my file and that my transfer was approved. Normally they say to expect 5-7 days for a transfer. The only real problem is that in Nova Scotia, the CFO will NOT email out the Transfer Approval -snail mail only. None the less I had the paper in hand that Friday morning. All in all, I was very pleased with both the CFO's response time and the Store for getting my purchase out as quick as they could after that.

My attempts are sending the range membership in ahead of time failed for me. I used an e-mail address I found here on the forum from a few years ago, but it must not be used for that purpose any longer. When I called in after my purchase, they gave me the correct e-mail. I just called in and they said they are almost down to mine, so hopefully I will have gun in hand this week.

Looking for answers for BC here---I had a membership that lasted a year. I haven't acquired any restricted firearms since then.That membership has now expired--will I have to renew it in order for them to approve future transfers?

CGN frequent flyer greywolf67nt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    No reason why you can't, and it should speed up your first transfer.
    Don't wait until you get the transfer number.
    I don't know about SK but with the CFO, that covers AB and NT, I just call in at the first of the year, and double check the email address, then send them a copy with my PAL number and other info and then when I make my next purchase my membership is already on file.
    Last edited by greywolf67nt; 05-06-2017 at 02:05 AM.
    Don't give up SQUAT!
    ZERO Compliance!

CCFR MEMBER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast