**Closed ** Fenix FD30 flashlight reviewer wanted

Notosora-Fenix

Expired Business Member
This is now Closed

CGN member G.Mitchell was chosen for this opportunity, stay tuned for his review

Fenix FD30 flashlight reviewer wanted

Hello CGN we are currently looking for a CGN member in good standing residing in Canada that has the interest and willingness to commit to writing and posting a Fenix FD30 flashlight review in our Notosora-Fenix forum

1.jpg

Review Declaration
Notosora-Fenix will send the chosen Canadian reviewer one FD30 flashlight, one Fenix ARB-L18-2600U battery and one USB cord. After receiving the flashlight the chosen reviewer is required to test and publish a full review of the supplied Fenix light. The review is to be published in our Notosora-Fenix CGN forum https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/forumdisplay.php/342-Notosora-Fenix

This flashlight review should consist of a written review including a minimum of 8 pictures detailing the light, showing it in use, highlighting your likes and or dislikes. If possible use of video in your review is also preferred

Reviewer requirement
We are looking for a outdoor gear/flashlight enthusiast that is a current CGN member in good standing residing in Canada
While it is not a requirement it is preferred that the reviewer have experience in doing product reviews ( flashlight or other items ) and can supply a link to view past work. You must have the ability to take and post still and or video images to be included in your review.
We request that the chosen reviewer post a full review in our forum within 3 weeks of receiving the light.

By agreeing to the above terms you give Notosora-Fenix the right to use, publish, copy and or redistribute the contents of your review as needed

Interested parties should send us a PM confirming your willingness/commitment to take part in the review if chosen. Once a reviewer has been chosen we will close this Fenix FD30 review opportunity but will consider continuing with other review opportunities featuring future light models as long as CGN members show interest and commit to taking time to do the reviews.

Thank you

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,160
Last edited:
interesting, not a person who does review. But I'm very critical on my opinion of products, I have been looking for a flashlight that has high lumen output & long throw. I.E. hot spot doesn't flood the area but pushes long range.

I work in security & my patrol route does cover across a river, So seeing on the other side helps me cover trouble spots before crossing a bridge. I have yet to find a good pocket/duty belt Tac light to fill this issue.

The FD30 Dual reflector optical system might be the answer, IF this can adjust enough into a spot light and cover the ground I'm looking for this will be a winner for me.
I'll wait for reveiws before buying it. I have bought enough Tac lights only to find it does do this simple task I'm looking for.

In Toronto, in good standing, and rather familiar with your products. Daily user of EDC lights, ranging from HK boutique brands, to the American giants. Though I don't care so much for the technical outputs, I'd be more than happy to detail the merits of your product at a user-level. Always looking to help out, and get a feel for the pipeline. Keep up the great work!

I could always help out. I have a background in policing, am currently search and rescue and work with lighting in the engineering world. I also have numerous fenix flashlights to compare to as well as other brands. I also have access to a hand held light meter.

How much are they? I might just buy one and review it. I can give it a different spin than tactical or security out at the rig, in northern Alberta in the foothills forests.

Hey Backwoods

FD30 average around $103.00CAD

We have a few CGN sponsoring dealers that should have it in stock or can order it in, a few are located in AB

DS Tactical
GP Tactical
Grouse River
The Shooting Edge
Tactical Products Canada
Reliable Gun
Eagle Hunting Supplies
International Shooting Supplies
Urban Tactical
MD Charlton
Wolverine Supplies
Arnie's Guns
Target Sports Canada
West Coast Hunting
OPA Extreme
911 Supply
SRS Tactical
Dlask Arms
Select Shooting Supplies
Al Flaherty's Outdoor
Joint force Tactical

Lots of other Fenix dealers if none of the supporting dealers interest you send us a PM

We have had lots of interest in this and will keep this opportunity open until Monday evening.
Please understand we cannot reply to all that have shown interest but we will announce the chosen reviewer in this thread once we have closed this opportunity.

Thank you

I'm currently working in private security, working mostly nights. I grabbed the PD35 (pretty similar model) a month ago and haven't looked back. I used to use a simple mini-Maglite but it was time for something a little more practical. With the FD35, I can light up a whole house a block away and have no dead spots. It is wide enough to throw the beam straight down an alley and still be able to see mostly everything in your peripheral. The brightness is amazing (PD35 has 1000 lumens), and combined with the strobe, is sure to get some 'deer in the headlights' looks. It is a good size and has good ergonomics. Easy to use with a pistol in the wrist lock technique. If you don't have super tiny hands, it's small enough that you can get most of your flashlight hand on your pistol as support if you don't like the wrist lock technique. The tactical clip is strong and sturdy, and still has the same tension after being wrapped around a 2" inner and outer belt for the last month. I haven't dropped it yet so I can't comment on durability but I get the feeling it can take a bit of a beating unless the lens is somehow dropped onto the right shaped rock.

The biggest thing for me was that the price was on point at around $100. Personally, I see no reason why one would need to spend $300-500 on a surefire light when these things do everything I could ask.

P.S. I'm not really applying to be the reviewer. I would do it if asked but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in as I've become a big fan of my PD35. Highly recommended.

We have had lots of interest in this and will keep this opportunity open until Monday evening.
Please understand we cannot reply to all that have shown interest but we will announce the chosen reviewer in this thread once we have closed this opportunity.

Thank you

Looking forward to it.

Good luck to all that have expressed interest.

Back
Top Bottom