Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: **Closed ** Fenix FD30 flashlight reviewer wanted

Expired Business Member
    We have had lots of interest in this and will keep this opportunity open until Monday evening.
    Please understand we cannot reply to all that have shown interest but we will announce the chosen reviewer in this thread once we have closed this opportunity.

Thank you

I'm currently working in private security, working mostly nights. I grabbed the PD35 (pretty similar model) a month ago and haven't looked back. I used to use a simple mini-Maglite but it was time for something a little more practical. With the FD35, I can light up a whole house a block away and have no dead spots. It is wide enough to throw the beam straight down an alley and still be able to see mostly everything in your peripheral. The brightness is amazing (PD35 has 1000 lumens), and combined with the strobe, is sure to get some 'deer in the headlights' looks. It is a good size and has good ergonomics. Easy to use with a pistol in the wrist lock technique. If you don't have super tiny hands, it's small enough that you can get most of your flashlight hand on your pistol as support if you don't like the wrist lock technique. The tactical clip is strong and sturdy, and still has the same tension after being wrapped around a 2" inner and outer belt for the last month. I haven't dropped it yet so I can't comment on durability but I get the feeling it can take a bit of a beating unless the lens is somehow dropped onto the right shaped rock.

The biggest thing for me was that the price was on point at around $100. Personally, I see no reason why one would need to spend $300-500 on a surefire light when these things do everything I could ask.

P.S. I'm not really applying to be the reviewer. I would do it if asked but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in as I've become a big fan of my PD35. Highly recommended.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer G.Mitchell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Notosora-Fenix View Post
    We have had lots of interest in this and will keep this opportunity open until Monday evening.
    Please understand we cannot reply to all that have shown interest but we will announce the chosen reviewer in this thread once we have closed this opportunity.

Thank you
    Looking forward to it.

Good luck to all that have expressed interest.
    Looking for members in Grande Prairie Alberta interested in wilderness skills, survival skills, camping, prepping, shooting, etc.

PM sent

Expired Business Member
    This review opportunity is now closed, thank you for all the interest shown. We will announce the chosen reviewer here shortly

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12