Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First Time Purchase on CGN

First Time Purchase on CGN

Hey group! some advice here would be greatly appreciated.
    I'm looking at purchasing a non-restricted firearm here on CGN. i've been in contact with the seller only through the notifications here as they don't want to give out a phone number. i somewhat understand that but obviously would like to gauge the authenticity of the seller too. My questions are simply put....
    1) how do i protect myself and ensure that i don't get hoodwinked? Is there some sort of process to this? (the seller does have a few previous sales here and has 100% positive feedback)
    2) is there any recourse if i do get "taken to the cleaners"?

all advice is truly appreciated

You have been here 4 years with 1 post. I suggest you read, learn, then ask questions.

If you want a phone conversation and the seller won't give out his phone number that would be enough for me to move on.

If the seller is being cagey about contact information I would walk from the deal. At a minimum I would ensure that I get the sellers name, address, telephone number. The trader rating and number of deals is likely the best indicator of a potential scammer (although there have been some recent cases of accounts being hijacked). A photo of the item with the sellers CGN handle and the current date is also a good idea.

One buyer with whom I've transacted wrote and asked that I sign a sales contract reflecting everything I had told him about the condition of the firearm and the terms of the deal. Not a bad idea but a little involved.

If you get taken to the cleaners you can file a police report and then file a fraud report with CGN. Look up the details in the fraud reporting thread. The most that CGN can do is ban the offender.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

CGN Ultra frequent flyer freezer filler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_338 View Post
    If you want a phone conversation and the seller won't give out his phone number that would be enough for me to move on.
    Agreed

This is great advice! Thank you so very much!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_338 View Post
    This
    Proud union member of UA Local 628 Plumbers, Steamfitters, & Welders

Ask to communicate on FB to verify they are real person

No phone number so sale. That's just me though. I recently sold something on CGN and the buyer gave me all his info from the start. Including his phone number. If you don't feel good about it just walk away.

Go to Equipment Exchange, then to the first subforum "EE Forum FAQ & Annoucements"
    there you find a lot of info.

https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...s-2017-Version

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast