Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cabela's policy ... by looks only?

CGN Regular
    Best option for trying triggers is to go to your local range and rent a few different pistols, see what works for you and then go shopping.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
    Best option for trying triggers is to go to your local range and rent a few different pistols, see what works for you and then go shopping.
    Bingo.. most guys at the range would be more than willing to help you out..

Not sure what you have in your area but here in Edmonton there are two ranges that have a lot of guns to try out even if you aren't a member. You just pay a day fee and buy some shells from them and you can shoot whatever they have. The smaller gun shops here also let you hold their new guns so you can see what they feel like. Hopefully you have some shops like that there.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    I buy lots at Cabela's...but never any guns...
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Those stores requiring presentation of a licence before letting customers play with their guns are to be commended. Counter people have enough to do without their time being consumed by looky-loos who want to fondle firearms but are unable to or have no intention of acquiring a licence.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer StoneHorse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Claybuster View Post
    Those stores requiring presentation of a licence before letting customers play with their guns are to be commended. Counter people have enough to do without their time being consumed by looky-loos who want to fondle firearms but are unable to or have no intention of acquiring a licence.
    But, but, but I'm the customer!
    Joking aside, tire kickers that can't purchase keeps someone else with cash in hand waiting. As stated, go to a range that rents guns and/or put up a notice at your local club. Try live fire before you buy.
    Defund the Liberal propaganda ministry, AKA the CBC.
    Democracy is not a spectator sport.

I like the bargain cave at cabelas. That's pretty much it. Well I guess at xmas it's a nice one stop shop but it's still expensive. They used to give good value for used firearms but I guess that's changed. I took a tavor there with a trigger and a bunch of other goodies, $1600 was their offer, and buddy was a total jerk about it, I was surprised because the last time I took a JR carbine and an SU-16 there and they were very fair with their value. That being said I'm used to the "pawn shop" treatment at some gun shops so they are on par with a few others now. They gotta make their money too, but you don't get much money from someone you just insulted.

CGN frequent flyer
    Fully support asking for (R)PAL before giving out a gun into the hands of a customer and they got to see mine ...
    In our case, as far as I was looking on Websites, nobody around GTA had a TP9SA in stock except Cabela's in Barrie ..
    So we used an opportunity while driving back to Toronto from North to pop-in on the way and check it out for being her possible first own pistol ..
    She just wanted to be sure that TP9S* will feel as good as PPQ...
    No crowd at the moment - just us and 2 guys behind the counter ..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uisge View Post
    I like the bargain cave at cabelas. That's pretty much it. Well I guess at xmas it's a nice one stop shop but it's still expensive. They used to give good value for used firearms but I guess that's changed. I took a tavor there with a trigger and a bunch of other goodies, $1600 was their offer, and buddy was a total jerk about it, I was surprised because the last time I took a JR carbine and an SU-16 there and they were very fair with their value. That being said I'm used to the "pawn shop" treatment at some gun shops so they are on par with a few others now. They gotta make their money too, but you don't get much money from someone you just insulted.
    This is the problem many Cabela's visitors have. (Not pointing at you)
    They have a steak appetite, on a hamburger budget and decree that things are "too expensive" so only buy clearance bargain cave items and generously slashed sale prices items.
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    In Ottawa they have zero problem with my daughter holding a rifle. She doesn't have a pal. They never even asked for a pal. I pulled it out and handed it Over when I said I Wanted to buy.
    Shooter1of38 Imagine what it would be like to have two dicks.....

It's kind of like that.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast