Thread: M700 Remmy Magpul Edition .308 & .260 SPS Tac AAC-SD 2017 SHOT Show, Buy ONE! LOL

Business Member

M700 Remmy Magpul Edition .308 & .260 SPS Tac AAC-SD 2017 SHOT Show, Buy ONE! LOL

I just had to buy one of these to shoot PR at ORA shoots this coming 2017 Season. Ryan Mcle mentioned that we are gonna have some personal challenges and I'm quite excited to shoot with his tweaked C of F

BUT, big but.... for my clients shooting PR matches in Petawawa with existing Range Control deemed caliber restrictions, you have to purchase the .308 rendition. Or else yer dick will fall off!

I've had many clients for across the country asking me if there is life after the .308 caliber'ed Remmy M700 SPS Tac rifles, and they all wanna stay away from custom barrels and gunsmith costs... here comes an "out of the box" .260 barreled factory rifle M700 that many people are comfortable buying/shooting/tweaking/upgrading/playing/fondling/ touching (sounds weird eh?). Yeah, you can buy a Tikka T3 in .260, but this is a Remmy 700 with infinite upgrades available out there... More Farkles....

Now these rifles come factory Cerakote'd (black) and threaded 22" barrels with the usual 5/8 x 24 tpi setup. I installed a Primary M72 -M2 or something like that brake on there... This rifle set me back $1260 or something like that from Ellwood Epps, plus the taxes and I'll let you calculate the rest. Remember that the factory stock is BLACK, it's all BLACK, but I had to upgrade to FDE because ..... we CAN!

All the pictures were deleted by Photobucket so I will just clean up this post, sorry about all that hassle......

For more information on the stock head to CTCS website (board sponsor here). I've been super happy with this Magpul product. It's another offering for the newbie who wants to rid themselves of the factory SPS Tac Hogue Rubber coated stock whenever the new shooters can afford to upgrade. Like the chassis systems (Canadian: Cadex and MDT), new shooters have options for upgrading!

I've taken this rifle out to the range, late in the afternoon and had to rush my groups. I put down a few 108 gr Lapua Scenar boolits (thanks Hirsch Precision and Epps) handloaded with 39.0 grains of WC735 (thanks Higginson Powders). I was able to get all the 5 round booolits into an inch and that's showing lots of potential down the road...

Most pleased with this rifle for future competition, right alongside my .308 Ruger PR Edition Enhanced that I bought from Wolverine Supplies back in 2016.

Cheers and warm regards,

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 09-11-2018 at 05:17 PM.

Grr, can't see the photos greedy photobucket... . anyway, I moved up from the .223 Mossberg MVP to a .308...

SPS tactical with 20" heavy barrel 1:10 twist. All new stuff (b day present to self), except for the tourbon ball and scope from previous rifle.

Business Member
    John...that’s great you bought a bunch of those PMag 10 rounder AICS mags, and also a 5 rounder!!

I like to use the five rounder to hold TWO sighters, that way I can remain organized on the firing line.... after I complete my sighters, then I reload with the 10 rounder for the duration of the match(es) depending on whether we are at 200 or 300m or 400m or 500m or 600m or 700m, you get the point.

When you and I partner up to shoot this August 2018 NSCC matches , you will see and learn how I get into a developed and deliberate routine for these matches / distances. Keeping organized with your shooting rucksack is all part of the discipline needed to shoot formal competitions

I even add all this discipline to my Mental Management Program.... for example: Never Pass Up a Bathroom while on the way to the firing mound hahahahaha

Next one: Never Trust a Wet Phart;

Cheers all!

I am quite pleased with these Magpul AISC mags, The price is reasonable also, from cowboy tactical.

Good point to only load 2 in the 5 rounder (not full 5), a couple of times I forgot I had the 5 rounder in the rifle after sighters and had to hastily insert the 10 round mag after running the 5 rounder dry in the middle of the course of fire.

Business Member
    First of all, I need to bust this open:

“If you wanna be great, BE Grateful!”

I want to thank Elwood Epps on a super sale price for this Magpul Remmy M700...is was on sale!
    I also want to thank Bullseye Sports in London, ON and MDT for putting up this door prize at the Meaford LRSC where this prize was part of the Volunteer RO Draw.
    I need to thank the Match organizers Kombayotch, Ryan-Mcle, EMeyer3, and MinosL for graciously recognizing the all so important volunteers and staff and soldiers and sponsors!
    And lastly big thanks to the Team of Expert builders and shooters under the MDT umbrella

So this the continuing journey with the Magpul edition of this 260 Remmy with a 22” barrel and factory threaded for a brake which I happened to have one from Brownells soon.

Okay here’s the rig...I made you guys read a Shzt Load so, now it’s picture time:

Attachment 205297

Is this better?

Name:  359792CF-3E69-4BC5-B048-67426DC5CD9E.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  119.6 KB

And a closer look at the front end:

Attachment 205301

Other side

Attachment 205302

Attachment 205303

This rifle started out as a Magpul Hunter stocked Remmy 700 in 260 and was factory Cerakoted in black. I sold the stock and happened to win this chassis system including the carbon fibre forend, skeleton folding stock , and a host of 12 rounders with and without binder plates.

I bought a new take off Remmy 700 SPS Varmint Barrel and had it cut down and step crowned to 22”. Now I can shoot the 260 at Base Borden and Connaught then swap the 260 barrel out for a prepared 308 rendition for my clients to shoot this 308 at Garrison Petawawa (their sandbox, their rules)

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 11-12-2018 at 10:12 PM.

Business Member
    That’s weird, I lost the pictures it they are back now....

Cheers, Barney

Barney, am I to read into your barrel-swapping-tale that Base Borden has fixed up the butts on Mons (and the ORA will be allowed to use again), or is it just wishful thinking on my part ?

And perhaps I need to learn about Remmy 700 barrel swapping practices.

Tactical Teacher here: YES Mons Range is all repaired and the ORA has been hosting events there once again. We shot there in late July so it’s all Good to GO! Remmy barrel swaps are quite doable but again safety is super important and you will need a competent gunsmith to set up your switch barrel fun. Once that initial set up is complete then switch barrel Joy is doable!

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 11-13-2018 at 12:14 PM.