Thread: References, do they always call both?

References, do they always call both?

Couple of questions ...

Still waiting on my PAL, in process since Dec 7/16, but still get the "completed initial processing. Now in Progress" I call every week but this week I was told now that it has completed initial processing and is now with the (AB) CFO they could no longer tell me anything new until the application is approved. Sounded like I was being told stop calling because we won't be telling you anything you haven't already heard. Anybody get the same? Should I just sit patiently and wait?

They called one of my references about a month ago but my other reference hasn't received a call. After my first reference was called I told my other reference to be expecting a call from an unlisted number so pick up all calls just in case (cell phone). Not sure if they call all references as a general rule or not.

Just getting impatient now that the weather has been getting nicer. Was hoping to get started by now.

They only called one of mine. I called and asked if they wanted the other one to call in and they said nope, we have everything we need.
    I would say just wait, these things take time.

Two buddies and I did ours together January of this year and we used each other as references, no one got called.
    One of those buddies had to wait almost a month longer due to them misplacing his photo.

Quote Originally Posted by sam burton View Post
    I would say just wait, these things take time.
    Thanks. Just getting antsy. Took the CFSC at the end of Nov and what I've spent on the walk in fee at the range for me and my boys I could have bought 2 memberships already. Wish I started this years ago. I've been advising friends to get their PAL right now weather they want it or not just so they have it when they need it

CGN Regular
    When my girl was waiting for her PAL, she called the CFO and was told that they only call for RPAL. YMMV, but that was out experience.

Call both of mine for my RPAL
    A salute to our troops as I was an active reservist!

CGN Regular
    Called no one for the wife and i rpal

CGN Regular
    They only called one of my references.

Not even my wife.

Ryan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Called both of mine. RPAL.
    CSSA CCFR CPC