Thread: SAP6 Tactical Chokes.. proprietary??

CGN Regular

SAP6 Tactical Chokes.. proprietary??

So I just picked up a SAP6 Tactical 14" with chokes. I want a muzzle device for it..mainly to help protect the forward quad rail when putting it muzzle down into a barrel. (As well it would bump the OAL to above 26" with the stock removed...not going to debate the legality of muzzle devices contributing to OAL.)

I've seen the chokes referred to by Tactical Imports as Rem Chokes in some posts and Mobil in other posts. I saw Cabelas has some 1.5" extended chokes so I brought in my SAP6 chokes to compare. Low and behold the dimensions are identical to Rem chokes EXCEPT the SAP6 threads are square cut not the traditional "pointed" threads, and Rem chokes are a little more fine thread.

Mobil chokes use (what appears to be) the same square cut threads, however the threads are at the wrong end of the choke to work in the SAP6.

SAP6 choke set that came with my Tactical Model.

Has anybody had success finding aftermarket chokes or muzzle devices for the SAP6?

I read a post somewhere that mentioned the SAP6 threads were supposed to be Remchoke but not all were built to spec.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndShotCanada View Post
    I read a post somewhere that mentioned the SAP6 threads were supposed to be Remchoke but not all were built to spec.
    That's rather unfortunate! At least it comes with a full set of 5 chokes. Proper Remchokes would be nice though! So many available.