$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Online Orders and Restricted Transfers Possible Delays

Quote Originally Posted by Conscript View Post
    Sent an EMT over the weekend after I got the email with my PAL info, nothing since. My EMT hasn't even been accepted, what's taking so long?
    The web sales staff, have been extremely busy processing orders. Rest assured it will be accepted soon just give them time to work through the massive backlog of orders.

Norm
    CSC Webstore: store.theshootingcentre.com
    Orders, please visit our online store or email us at: Orders@theshootingcentre.com
    General inquires email Norman@theshootingcentre.com
    Prices quoted are valid for 30 days from date of original post

I ordered a new Tikka on CSC's weekend sale. When I was on their website store, it said that the unit that I wanted was in stock and that there was one left. I purchased it. CSC contacted me and ask me for my PAL number and DOB. I emailed it to them. Today I got an email saying that the order has been canceled due to insufficient stock. There was no apology. There was no offer trying to make it right, like giving me a discount on another unit like other shops do when something like this happens. It only said that my order was canceled. My friend just informed me he got the same email from CSC. That's amazing. They don't even know how many firearms that they have in stock? Maybe they didn't even have these units in stock to begin with? Was is a ploy to get people to the website? Do they use an inventory management system? Who knows. The thing that I do know and am in complete control of is that I will never purchase anything from CSC in the future. It seems to me that less than mediocrity is what CSC is all about. This was going to be my first purchase from this shop. I suppose it's ultimately my fault because I forgot that CSC is the reason that the whole Swiss Arms issue started. Oh well...live and learn.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote.
    ~Benjamin Franklin

Sponsoring Business Shooting Centre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .338Lapua View Post
    I ordered a new Tikka on CSC's weekend sale. When I was on their website store, it said that the unit that I wanted was in stock and that there was one left. I purchased it. CSC contacted me and ask me for my PAL number and DOB. I emailed it to them. Today I got an email saying that the order has been canceled due to insufficient stock. There was no apology. There was no offer trying to make it right, like giving me a discount on another unit like other shops do when something like this happens. It only said that my order was canceled. My friend just informed me he got the same email from CSC. That's amazing. They don't even know how many firearms that they have in stock? Maybe they didn't even have these units in stock to begin with? Was is a ploy to get people to the website? Do they use an inventory management system? Who knows. The thing that I do know and am in complete control of is that I will never purchase anything from CSC in the future. It seems to me that less than mediocrity is what CSC is all about. This was going to be my first purchase from this shop. I suppose it's ultimately my fault because I forgot that CSC is the reason that the whole Swiss Arms issue started. Oh well...live and learn.
    Sorry that you feel this is so personal. Our system generates auto responses when certain criterion are met or if there are errors or omissions in orders, even including an incorrect price calculation. In this case the rifle you wanted had had the barrel threaded and a brake installed. Our internet guy will be contacting you to discuss whether you might still be interested in the product given this modification.

As for the Swiss Arms issue, you are really off side, but in case you feel like reading what happened, the entire story including all relevant documents is here: http://www.theshootingcentre.com/sans-overview
    --
    Calgary Shooting Centre
    http://store.theshootingcentre.com/

For orders, please visit our online store or email us at: orders@theshootingcentre.com

CGN Regular
    What happened with that whole fiasco was not CSC's fault at all.

This aint the place to say any more about it, but it wasn't CSC who did anything wrong. That is why I spent money there.

If the item ordered is out of stock, that sucks but talk to them about it. Maybe something can be worked out. At the end of the day I could have guaranteed the Glock I ordered was in stock somewhere else...by paying a lot more. I'll try the sale.
    Last edited by Joel; 04-20-2017 at 01:14 PM.
    USGI Vietnam era M14 bandoliers

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727212

Hi CSC, I ordered a G17 Gen 4 FDE from you guys during the sale, hoping you guys don't run out of stock! What are the wait times looking like nowadays? Very excited for my first restricted firearms purchase - I've had my RPAL for a year now but just haven't had the funds or time to buy a pistol!

CGN Regular
    Nice choice to start off with!

Waiting for one of the 17s too here, in classic black
    USGI Vietnam era M14 bandoliers

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=727212

Sounds like a Shooting Edge troll, the real reason behind the Swiss Arms issue.....
    Anything Black

Same thing happened to me with another business. It happens. It can be expected with the massive volume of orders they're dealing with on these sales. I'm just looking forward to my new ruger!!

GunNutz
    Thank you CSC!

Picked up my beautiful Mark IV Hunter today, purchased during Glock days. As with previous restricted purchases through your store, I really appreciate the professional courtesy of your staff and the very fair prices. Always a great experience.

Cheers!

Finally took my money, haha. Was getting worried there that you guys didn't want my business! Can't wait for my Little Badger.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast